Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my euro headlight switch installed and rear fog light enabled. As soon as I get my TPMS sorted out I'll post a couple of pics :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
My next to-do. I have the switch, bulbs, and repair wires, I'm going to do both sides. Just waiting on a camera switch.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lee , are the rear Fog Lights Plug and Play ? or did you have to involve wiring ? new harness ? I'm about to buy the switch from ECS ... let me know , i ran out of patience from working on Tuaregs lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My next to-do. I have the switch, bulbs, and repair wires, I'm going to do both sides. Just waiting on a camera switch.
Most people do only the driver's side. That way the warning is obvious rather than it looking like your brake lights are stuck on.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lee , are the rear Fog Lights Plug and Play ? or did you have to involve wiring ? new harness ? I'm about to buy the switch from ECS ... let me know , i ran out of patience from working on Tuaregs lol
Not plug and play. The switch itself is easy; however you have to remove a fair amount of rear trim and run a wire from a module on the right rear. My *good* private mechanic put about 4 hours into it. I'll email you the write up.

You also have to recode the module so that it knows the bulb should be enabled. I don't know the coding. My mechanic figured it out separately, as it wasn't in the write up I had.

You should probably have your guy do it...not Jack Daniels...dealer pricing for this woudl be astronomical. :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Most people do only the driver's side. That way the warning is obvious rather than it looking like your brake lights are stuck on.
My other car stock runs both for the rear fog. So I'm going to mirror it and do the same here. Considering it's only ran during heavy fog and being on the beach here is either super heavy or non at all, to me it's worth it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anyone have a part number, or a LED alternative, for the bulb used in the rear fog? Every one I've used has melted the red insert they fit into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts