Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states I am installing these however I need to disable the amber side marker and all the coding I have tried leaves the light still on. I did this to my B8 Audi A4 Avant for the same reason but have not had the same luck, does anyone know how to disable this lighting as the new headlight does not have it? I have searched and searched with no answer.:confused:

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I cannot recall reading about anyone else doing this conversion.

I suspect you may be out there on your own.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The coding information on the T3 is incredibly sparse and from my experience also at least partially incorrect when it's there.

Have you first checked the wiring diagrams to make sure they're compatible?

·
Registered
499 Posts
I know that a lot of the guys with B8/B8.5 A4/S4 have swapped in the Ecode headlights and it's not that bad. I wonder if you could compare the blocks that needed to be changed in their coding and try it out on yours. The main thing that needs to be changed is the coding for the side marker since the Ecode lights do not have bulbs there.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know that a lot of the guys with B8/B8.5 A4/S4 have swapped in the Ecode headlights and it's not that bad. I wonder if you could compare the blocks that needed to be changed in their coding and try it out on yours. The main thing that needs to be changed is the coding for the side marker since the Ecode lights do not have bulbs there.
Yes I have tried when you uncheck the North America option they still come on, in my B8 A4 you simply uncheck it and it no longer was active however coding is seeming more unknown with these than the Audi. And EU headlights are a direct swap, they are better because they have a sharper cutoff line and better output, plus you can buy UK or where ever drives on the opposite side and just code them for which ever country you are going to if they need to be changed.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I wonder if you could get the actual light coding off of mytreg from one of the European users there. If you manage to get them working post the coding up here. I'm interested in switching mine to ecodes too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This should help:

Disable amber corner lights
[09 – Cent. Elect.] [Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 10
Submodule 0
Bit 3 - Set to 0 to disable amber side markers

Here are the part numbers for right hand traffic headlights.
7P1941033 Left
7P1941034 Right

Does anyone know how to remove the headlights on a 7P (T3) Touareg?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you confirm this coding works, and the entire long code can you tell me what you have. I have gotten it to work and then it stopped for some reason.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts