Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Several months ago my wife spilled a Latte on the ESP Button in the center console. I cleaned it up and brought it to the VW dealer the next day, b/c it caused some of my lights on the dash to come on. The lifted the seat, looked around and could not find an issue, they reset the system and all has been good for months.

Today, I pressed the ESP button and it was stuck, probably residual Latte, it would not press in or turn off. It gave after a second and turned off the ESP, but then would not come back up, I gave it a couple of presses and it popped back up. However, now the ESP light will not turn off.

Does anyone have advise on what I should do? Is there a way to reset so the light will go off, I've tried the small yellow reset button under the driver's seat. The only thing I have not tried is unplugging the battery under the passenger seat.

Thanks,
Chad

·
Registered
694 Posts
Happened to me, (reg. coffee :p), I cleaned it with a credit card and some simple green. After it got unstuck my light stayed on as well. Pushed it on and off a couple of times, shut off the car, then turned it back on and all was well.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Also, go to Radio Shack and get a can of electronics cleaner spray. With no power on... spray the area out and let it dry. Works wonders.

·
Registered
124 Posts
TreginginCo Thanks for the info on electronics cleaner spray I didn't even know it existed all I knew of was compressed air. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts