Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a 2004 v8 touareg. The problem is when I turn on the ignition, the ESP and ABS lights is on. After I turn off the ignition and then turn it on again, the lights go away, any thoughts will help, thanks!

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
hi. when you are turning the ignition on all the lights are turning on, its normal, all the different modules are doing the system check, and after you turn the engine on they must go away, as long as you do not have lights on while engine is running you dont have to worry about them, here is the video to compare

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
864 Posts
Hi guys, I have a 2004 v8 touareg. The problem is when I turn on the ignition, the ESP and ABS lights is on. After I turn off the ignition and then turn it on again, the lights go away, any thoughts will help, thanks!
I chased this issue on a 2004 V10TDI and it ended up being the rear differential stepper motor. If you have a rear locking differential that could be your issue. The rear locker switch is at the 6pm mark on the left knob on the center console if your car has the option.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Actually, ALL your dashboard lights should light up when you initially turn on the ignition on. If you just leave it in RUN (don't crank the engine), some will go out as they perform their diagnostic checks.

As long as all the lights go out when the engine is running, life is good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the problem is the esp and abs lights are still on while the engine is running, now the problem seems to alleviate a little bit, 9 out of 10 times the problem does not appear

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
864 Posts
I just had this happen again on a different 2004 with locking rear differential. The stepper motor on the rear diff fixed the problem. On VCDS is shows a fault in group 32. I can’t remember the exact code but it says something like “mechanical failure rear differential”

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
No one can really give you a number you since you don't actually know what the problem is.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts