Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new member & have a 2017 Touareg Sport with Technology. Traveling out of my local area and using navigation, I suffered through several pop-up "TP Traffic Announcements", and the radio came on playing an odd music station. The RNS850 manual says these can be turned off, BUT NO. The dealer and the "roving" VW of America tech tell me that 1) my software is current, and 2) my "base model" doesn't allow me to turn this "feature" off. It took them two days (and a lot of fiddling with the car) to decide that.

I'm not convinced that the problem is not fixable. Perhaps the RNS850, is defective? Or the software is "current" but "corrupted"?
Anybody have a thought?
Anybody with a 2017 Treg S with T able to turn these off?

VW chat says:
1. Open the 'RADIO' main menu and select the frequency band.
2. Tap the 'Extras' function button.
3. Deactivate the checkbox 'check mark' in the 'TP' function button by tapping it.
But my infotainment system does not show this option.
Please help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you find a solution?? Mine just started out of the blue last week....after all these years.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'll add my 2016 (bought new 4/18) T-reg Sport w/Tech started two days ago. No recent updates by VW, only what seems like every three days that Sirrus updates the channel list and drops stored channels.

In the next two weeks the transmission update is scheduled and since I'm still under warranty, this will be on my list to have checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting. I had applied months back the RNS850 software update (2018?) that I downloaded from this Website. This issue must be some "over the air"- type 'pushed' update (related to Sirius?), as you allude to. The "TP cancel" box for vehicle driver to uncheck does actually pop up..... yet does nothing to turn off TP function (not sure what TP even means / Traffic Programming?)

Another observation: when the radio station switches itself, the volume up or down knob labeling will change between "TP" or "Audio" .
i.e. if you turn up the volume on your own selected radio station, the on-screen Volume Level display reads "Audio" next to speaker icon; however, when the automatic "TP" channel is playing, using the volume up/down knob the display now reads "TP" next to icon...

I tried a factory RNS reset, which seems to have only removed my hidden green menu access, thus am trying to locate my Vag cable in order to re-activate Green Menu. This TP function has got to be somewhere inside Green Menu.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Any luck with this? Mine started doing it a few days ago. I attributed it to my battery which was on its way out the door. I had that replaced yesterday and the problem is still there. Dealer looked at me like I was crazy even after showing them a picture of the message.

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Turn of the traffic alerts by going into the green screen
Change the existing coding tms

·
Learner
4,919 Posts
Thanks Singh, My T-reg is just like the first message. No option to turn off.
Hi Mate,
If turning off TP in your radio settings doesn't help then you need to access green screen and change the TMS setting there too turn it off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts