Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone ... I state that when I bought the car, I immediately plugged the EGR. some days ago I was walking and at some point I felt the loss of power. that night I looked at the engine and saw that the EGR pipe was broken. if I can, I attach photos. I had a scan with the app obdeleven and exited out the error in question. some of you have had a similar problem and how you solved? I checked the turbine that spins, I checked the air ducts but those are all attached! I do not know what to check. help me please let ???

·
Registered
37 Posts
That broken EGR pipe in your photo is the reason for your under boost fault. Replace the pipe and the fault should clear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I removed the broken part and I inserted a steel plate and I screwed! I did the same thing when I plugged the EGR.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So both ends of the pipe are blocked.....?

What engine code do you have?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the fact is that the car walking, but as if the flow meter is broken or the turbine is not working. I removed the tube that goes from the air cleaner to the turbine and I verified that the turbine is not blocked. the impeller runs smoothly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and the car should be as if he had entered the small, the engine speed increase but the car takes speed very slowly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Okay, both ends must be completely sealed. A leak would cause boost loss through the fractured pipe.

On this engine you could of just disconnected the vacuum pipe from the EGR diaphragm to disable EGR flow.

Check for excessive exhaust smoke when accelerating, also any whistling noise... if there is then check for cuts/splits in rubber intake/intercooler hoses.

possible other causes..

damaged leaking intercooler....visual inspection/pressure test
sticking turbo vanes....you could try adding some Forte Diesel Turbo cleaner..otherwise strip out and clean or replace.
manifold pressure sensor..replace
turbo actuator diaphragm leaking......can be tested with a Mightyvac.

·
Registered
37 Posts
forgot to say, also check the N75 pressure control solenoid and it vac pipes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day all, I also picked up similar symptoms and took the car in after cleaning the intake sensors to no avail.
They diagnosed the intake control valve was faulty and had to be replaced for R8900.
I took out the culprit control valve for inspection and after opening up found the nylon gears inside had worn out preventing the unit from operating the intake control damper, keeping it in a fully open position. The car still runs but with very little power, enough to get you home at 50 KmpH. busy refurbishing the sector gears with liquid steel till replacement can be found at affordable price.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you all for the help you have given me. I found the damage. when he broke the previous tube, melted plastic pipe and so did not pass the air to the turbine wastegate and then remained open. I replaced the tube and the machine is reborn. thank you all

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Well done. Your perseverance has paid off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts