Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I wanted to update the firmware and maps.

First, I updated the firmware from the version „HN+_EU_VW_K0821” to „HN+_EU_VW_P0824”. The firmware upgrade was successful.

Then I started updating the maps from the version „ECE_VW_R_6.26.1” to „ECE_VW_R_6.28.2”.
After starting the map update, a message appeared „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update” and the update was failed.
Then I have made all of indicated below actions and after every action I checked if the map update is possible:
- I've tried to install the maps in user defined mode (turning on in green menu option „user defined mode”);
- I’ve copied maps to another SD card and made an attempt to reinstall the maps;
- I’ve deleted the navigation database in the green menu (option „Delete database (will need reboot)”;
- I’ve removed the navigation partition in the green menu (option „Delete Nav HDD partition”).

Because all the above actions did not help, then I installed the map version „ECE_VW_R_6.28.2” activator.

After performing the above actions, each time a message appeared during the attempt to update the maps: „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update”. Of course, after completing the above actions, navigation and maps have stopped working.

In the absence of ideas for installing the latest maps, I decided to return to the firmware version „HN+_EU_VW_K0821” and to the map version „ECE_VW_R_6.26.1”. But unfortunately when trying to install firmware version „HN+_EU_VW_K0821” and to the map version „ECE_VW_R_6.26.1” message „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update” appears too.

Summing up: now I can’t install any version of the firmware and any version of the map, because I always get a message „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update”.
Do you have any idea what to do to install any maps in this situation and to remove from appearing the message: „Start the Diag. tester feature: Main Unit/Version Update”?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts