Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
In my case CEL is caused by gearbox error not by start/stop error. TCM finds the problem and sends information to ECM. Subsequently ECM turns on CEL.

The problem is:
P0C29 - Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump Driver Circuit Performance

I was thinking about it and in my opinion there may be 4 reasons:
1. Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump is broken
2. Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump Control Module is broken
3. Wire is broken (as you said "it could be as simple as a loose connection or a rotted\chewed wire")
4. Some relevant relay is broken

I'm just trying find the way how to find out which reason is right..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
1. Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump is broken
It's a DC motor.... connect power directly to it to bypass anything else.

2. Auxiliary Transmission Fluid Pump Control Module is broken
The diagnostic equipment should be able to test (scan\communicate with) the module

3. Wire is broken (as you said "it could be as simple as a loose connection or a rotted\chewed wire")
Do a visual inspection. Use a meter to test for signal\continuity at the plug.

4. Some relevant relay is broken
Start tracing the wiring diagram to locate said relay.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks for this useful reply. I'm trying to find VW part number or the price of this Auxilliary transmission fluid pump but I cannot find it. Would you help me with that?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This number looks good but I have found only shops in America. I cannot find any shops from Europe using this part number. Probably there is different part number in Europe. But I cannot find it. If you are able to find it for Europe I would be grateful to you..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Thank you TurboABA, you are right. It's the same in Europe. When I started to search this number without spaces and with letter A on the end I have found results also in Europe (unfortunately not in my country). But the best price for new is about 600$ and for used is about 500$. I think it's too much money for something I don't really need. All the time I have this car when I started the engine I always turn off start/stop system before I started to drive.

You look that you know VCDS. Is it real to implement such a scenario?:

1 step: Turn off start/stop system using VCDS so the default position will be always OFF
2 step: Disable Auxilliary Transmission Fluid Pump using VCDS or disable Auxilliary Transmission Fluid Pump Control Module

The desired result should be no error messages on my dashboard..

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Sounds feasible. We don't have the start/stop over here on our NA units... We get lots of stuff stripped off.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
What is your current transmission coding?
You should be able to code it without the aux pump.

This will be under transmission coding, and then long coding.

I'm guessing that your 5th digit is going to be a 7, so something like 003178. If that is the case change the 5th digit to a 6 like 003168 and see if that helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thank you yrktreg. I have a question (I'm a newbie). Your described method is how to disable start/stop system or how to disable Auxilliary Transmission Fluid Pump as a device?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
This will hopefully eliminate the aux pump error. The start stop system disable is a little more involved from what i've heard. I've never done one as we don't have it here in North America

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
If I change my transmission coding can it not affect the gearbox function? Not to worry?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
It just tells the transmission control module that it is not equipped with the aux pump.
Should you have an error from the coding i'm telling you, you can always put it back :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hello yrktreg,

Finally I have found someone with VCDS and found out that my transmission coding is 001568. So unfortunately my 5th digit is not a 7. Do you have any idea what to change in my case to eliminate the aux pump error?

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Hello yrktreg,

Finally I have found someone with VCDS and found out that my transmission coding is 001568. So unfortunately my 5th digit is not a 7. Do you have any idea what to change in my case to eliminate the aux pump error?
I'm sorry I don't since we don't have it in North America.
With that being said I am not very familiar with the 5 in your coding, but it is probably just for the gear display in the MFI

We normally have a 3 for no gear display, or a 1 for gear display

21 - 40 of 47 Posts