Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,
I'm new to "THE CLUB" but I am a 2013 TOUAREG owner. It's been a wonderful go anywhere machine but, I'm having issues with both the up and down operation/position of the rear hatch. It just started to have a mind of it's own about a month ago.
Sometimes it opens flawlessly to the top position that I "programed" by holding the button and getting the three beeps and yet other times it pops open and moves to a random position. Same thing on the way down. I have removed the inner plastic liner and exposed the components.
Does anyone know if there is a controlling component like a mercury switch or ????? I've cleaned and lubed the lift cylinders without making a difference.
BTW I've got 131,000 miles on it.
Thanks in advance for any advice you may have to diagnose or correct this.
LUBE8

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,143 Posts
I LOLd at first, but he may be onto something.....

SSP said:
Excessive force detection system
The rear lid control system specifies a nominal speed to the spindle drives and sends the actual speed back into the spindle drives via Hall sensors. Deviations between the nominal and actual speed are evaluated by an algorithm. If sluggishness is detected, the speed is readjusted. If trapping is detected during closing, the rear lid moves back by approx. 10°. If trapping is detected during opening, the rear lid stops.
So based on that, I'd make sure the hinges and everything is well lubricated.
You could probably also find some related MVBs to monitor in VCDS to see if you are getting weird fluctuations.
Replacement (or reconditioning if possible) of the struts may be your last option.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts