Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just installed one of these after my tune and DPF delete proved too much for my stock one. Haha.

Took my driveshaft off because I had a V10 one I was going to use but turns out they are not the same.

So I ordered the VertexAuto mount. Gotta say for $350 you'd think they would put more thought into it. Haha. Using silicone hose instead of a more specific piece. Paying a premium for as advertised a superior fix than an new shaft or new bearing.

But none the less a way better fix and idea than replacing an OEM drive shaft with a similarly priced aftermarket driveshaft ($250-$380). And dealing with the cv joint and pressing the old bearing off is a pain and messy.

This could have been done easily without removing the shaft, and takes about 30min. So as far a labor to install a lot cheaper than labor to install a new bearing which involves removing and disassembling the drive shaft. Depending on what the shop might charge you to rebuild the shaft it might be cheaper to go with this bearing support clamp, and it lasts "forever" or at least a lot longer than another thin rubber mount.

It was super easy to install and so far the only thing I notice is a vibration around 35mph. No other noises or vibrations. And a good bit of piece of mind.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Did you install the rubber donut with the support? I can't remember the name of the part, but I put a red arrow pointing at it. Make sure to mark the shaft and housing on both ends before removing the donut so that the shaft is kept balanced (Others have had issues)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,606 Posts
Yes I installed the flex disc not sure what you mean by marking the shaft and housing
so that the shaft pieces are placed back at same angle/joining location as previously installed.

Failure to do so, will almost certainly render the shaft "out of balance'. IIRC.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You need to adjust the clamp one way or another. Trial and error job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts