Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I've got one of Engineer's bash plates but no fitting kit.
Could someone who has one give me details of bolt details and details of the front fitting please?
It is to go onto a T1 R5.
Thanks.
Neil

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hi.
I've got one of Engineer's bash plates but no fitting kit.
Could someone who has one give me details of bolt details and details of the front fitting please?
It is to go onto a T1 R5.
Thanks.
Neil
Neil

I have one of those plates and have not mounted it because I am not happy with the front mount which connects to a die cast chassis member.

I have been speaking with Dragline about using his mounting systems. Some mods are required to the plate dimensions (which can be achieved with a jig saw - if you have the ability and the time) and a little welding for which you will need someone who can weld Aluminium.

Give Dragline a PM he may be able to make two sets of mounting items

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, I've knocked the plastic about a bit whilst on Fraser Island. Great place. Went all the way to the lighthouse at Sandy Cape. Ngkala Rocks not as bad as I thought. No good for navara utes though. Helped get them out on the way up and on the way back.
I now need to put Engineers plate on. We're heading out to Diamantina NP after easter.
I assume that I use the std front bolts in the same place as the plastic. Where they mount is not die cast on my car but it is bent up slightly from the woop-de-do's on Fraser. A couple of light nose plants. The rear 4 holes are way forward so I will need to make some sort of extension as can be seen in the pics. The mounts in the middle towards the front will need packers? I haven't seen this mentioned before but again I assume that's what I'll have to do.

Any hints or ideas gratefully received.
Neil

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts