Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Volkswagen Touareg TDI R-Line
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm probably just going to end up at VW for this, but my 2014 TDI R-Line surges when shifting from 4-5th gear only. It happens the first time, but then is normal after that regardless of whether or not the car is up to temp or cold.

Examples:

Cold start in morning, first go through of the gears and the engine jumps a few hundred RPM before settling into 5th gear.

Hot start after sitting for a few minutes, engine will surge a few hundred RPM again from 4-5th gear.

However, once it's gone through all the gears once it won't do it again until the car has been turned off and restarted. Is this a programming issue or a mechanical issue? I don't have any lights or codes, and don't have a VCDS to check anything either.

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Let the dealer figure it out. Could be a bad torque converter

·
Registered
'14 TDI Execline
2,076 Posts
Let the dealer figure it out. Could be a bad torque converter
TC is involved in all gears\shifts.... even if it was the TC lockup, it should manifest itself on other shifts not just the 4-5.
I'd guess a sticky solenoid, but there's just too many in the 0C8 to guess without any diagnostic data. (VCDS would probably report a fault or you could at least monitor some MVBs to narrow it down a bit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts