Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys/ Gals.

Just thought I would post this as I thought it would never happen to me ! anyway to continue on my 7 month old NEW Touareg needs a engine replacement. It all started when my vehicle got oil in the Cooling Unit and hence the notification on the screen panel showed engine needs coolant - too Low, hence I toped it up and still the message was displayed ! Brought it to dealer been there almost (2) weeks and after taking the engine out and taking the inside out they have found a metal plate which is beside the coolant system is warped - not perfectly straight and horizontal !.

So people what are my options:

1.] Do I reject the vehicle and ask for a new one as a engine replacement to me is very major and something that I never dreamed would have happened to such a young vehicle.
2.] Do I ask for compensation for the depreciation which will be incurred in terms of re-sell value as the vehicle history will show a new engine on a vey yound vehicle.
3.] Ask VW to price the vehicle as it stands and sell it back to them.

Peoples thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated on the above items as I am some what shocked/ surprised/ very un-lucky with this hapening - I treated the vehicle well and regulary looked after it as it has cost me a small fortune - plus I loved it just like my lovely wife ! - But don't tell her that

Kind Regards,

Mark

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Demand you have your vehicle replaced. I went thru the "engine replacement" bulls**t before on another vehicle and it never ran the same again.

In fact, I had to have the engine replaced 4 different times and the end result was I ended up suing Ford Motor Company and winning.

Be strong and don't budge!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
There are many known 911s and Boxsters running around with new or reman engines from the factory because of isues with the original engines. So far they have held their value and they seem to work fine.

My sense of this is that you should be sure that you are happy with your dealer and the person doing it, then just let it happen. I would insist on a new engine (not a reman), though, I'm sure that's all they have in stock at this point anyway.

Things happen, often for no reason attributed to your care. You have a warranty, now VW has to live up to their end of it. Let them do so.

-Will

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a used 1999 Boxster that had its engine replaced. Porsche extended the warranty an extra two years with unlimited mileage. That was a reason I bought that particular car. Since then I've put 30,000 trouble free miles on the engine.

See if VW will extend the warranty, and take the new engine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
tregtreg said:
Things like this on forums scare the crap outta me, I was going to purchase a new 2005 v8 model too.
This can happen to any car no matter make or model.

It is being fixed under warranty so VW is standing behind it. I don't see how it would affect resale value, the vehicle is not wrecked is it? Is the concern with having a new engine or having an engine removed and replaced? It is not unusual to have engines removed to do various repairs.

It is really up to VW on how the repair is done as long as it is done properly and legally. They could probably just rebuild the engine but instead they are replacing it. If they stand behind the repair and there is not a repeat problem I don't see that there should be anything to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.