Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2014 Touareg V6 FSI and recently my engine fan has been on the entire time my Touareg is on. After a day or so a check engine light came on with engine code P2181.

I am guessing a relay or something electrical is out because I am having no issues with my actual engine temperature.

I have no idea where to start checking relays or where the fan relay module is.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks!

·
Registered
531 Posts
P2181=performance malfunction in cooling system. Check G62, engine coolant sensor and associated wiring for corrosion.
Go to Ross tech .com, wiki button at top of page, type in fault code in upper right box. This should point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Water temperature sender, sensor is located on water pump. Vwpartswarehouse.com part # 06A919501A, #15 on schematic

·
Registered
30 Posts
2014 VW Touareg has a 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty, don't waist your time and go to the dealership and have a Certified VW technician repair your issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Water temperature sender, sensor is located on water pump. Vwpartswarehouse.com part # 06A919501A, #15 on schematic
In the photograph you are referring to it is located next to the water pump, however the G62 sensor is actually located on the coolant flange on the bulkhead side of the engine (opposite side water pump) and the photograph does not reflect this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello I am having the same problem,did you get it fixed?What was the problem?I took mine to the dealer and they told me it was a soft wear update so I had it done.$120 for the diagnostics and update and now it has the same problem in less than 2 weeks.Thanks Carl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Everyone, I have a 2015 Touareg VR6 and I have the same engine fan noise problem. I took it to the dealer yesterday and they found the P2181 fault code. They are repairing it today. I'll post more information after picking the vehicle up. I have 27K miles on the vehicle so hopefully the VW warranty will cover the work.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I realized at 98K that our 2011 Touareg had 100K Powertrain Warranty when they covered replacement of water pump

1 - 13 of 13 Posts