Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just purchased a touareg last week, just love it. My question is, last night I saw a touareg in a vw showroom and notice it had a cover surrounding the engine. I don't have one on my touareg. Should I or is it a dealer showroom piece?

ben

·
Registered
113 Posts
Are you referring to the engine itself or the hood. If it is the latter, the hood mounted shield were vibrating, which led VW to cease installation of them last fall, I believe. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Re: thank you

benn said:
thanks! schwein
schwein is right that they are discontinued, but there are several theories on the reason. Vibration may be one reason, but the one that sounds most plausible to me is that owners were breaking them when taking them off. VW then had to replace them under waranty, and since they really serve no function, why waste money on them.

(There was also speculation that they held in too much heat, not letting the engine cool properly, but this one sounds like BS to me.)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Covers what?

They are a pain to unclip, but I loved the reaction of a Jeep driver: "Oh - is the engine in the back?" Admittedly, not the sharpest knife in the block :evil_laugh:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.