Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a yellow 'emissions Control Lamp' coming up on my dash. steady, not flashing. 2011 model 6 cyl, 28k miles.
Any idea seriousness of this?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
As above, get the code read, note it and then clear it if possible.

If it returns, go to your dealer.

A couple of things though: have you left the fuel filler cap off by any chance? I did when the tether broke and three days later the light came on. Refitting the cap [the filling station still had it!] and clearing the code sorted the problem.

The other thing I have heard about which may cause the light to come on is people trying to top up the fuel tank too much with lots of squeezes of the pump nozzle to get the last drops in. Don't do it!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all the advice. Good suggestion on the gas cap. Just went and checked and all seemed in good order, but just made sure a tight fit.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The other thing I have heard about which may cause the light to come on is people trying to top up the fuel tank too much with lots of squeezes of the pump nozzle to get the last drops in. Don't do it!
I do this... Have never heard it is a bad idea. Any particular reason, Noobytoogy? I guess I'll stop now. Sorry to steal the thread Tampa Tramp - just curious.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
They say not to overfill the tank to prevent actual gasoline FLUID from entering the vapor recovery canister. If this happens, you have to replace the charcoal canister. That's why.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I do this... Have never heard it is a bad idea. Any particular reason, Noobytoogy? I guess I'll stop now. Sorry to steal the thread Tampa Tramp - just curious.
Your owner's manual tells you not to keep filling the tank after the automatic filler nozzle pump switches off the first time, for the reason that it may fill the expansion space in the fuel tank and cause fuel to overflow when it warms up.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I cannot remember the correct explanation but I think there is something called an evaporator canister with a sensor in it linked to the engine management system and the canister catches fumes from refills and the tank to prevent their egress to open air.

So if your overfilling fills the canister the system goes "Verdammt! Hat die ****y den Lüfter treffen! Tauchen! Tauchen! Tauchen!" sorry, getting carried away, but you probably get the gist...

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
went to auto zone and put the 'hammer' on the electrical read out and it said 'code P025A indicates that the fuel pump module control electrical circuit has a fault lodged or was disconnected for a predetermined peiod of time'.
Makes no sense as the battery has had no interuptions. Meantime, I haven't seen the fault light in several days. Only unusual thing I can think of was during the time of seeing the warning light I had been starting and stopping the car a couple of times a day moving her around the driveway and garage for work, cleaning, etc. Maybe sensors getting carbonized without enough running time to burn off the residue. Thanks to all for suggestions, theories, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good afternoon,
I just searched the forum for code P025A, as this code just popped off on my wife 2011 Touareg and found that you had a similar issue. I just wanted to see if you had anything come up regarding that code. I am unsure if it is related to the gas cap o-ring. Or the fact that this morning when I filled the Touareg with fuel it took over 30 mins for the fuel gauge to read full. Any insight would be much appreciated.
Thank you again

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The problem must have just gone away. Since it was nearly 3 years ago, a bit foggy on what I did to correct, but my maintenance files show no work ever done (I keep good files). I have never had this warning light come back and the only thing I remember doing was taking it to an on ramp to the highway and stomping on the go pedal. Since I baby this car, anytime I do this, I always get some form of carbon haze in the rear view mirror. Sorry I can't be of more help

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Which OBDII reader did you use to get this P025A code?

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not sure if the last msg was directed to me, but I took it to a Auto Zone, not sure what they used

1 - 14 of 14 Posts