Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is stuck in the position as u can see on the picture and i need the car now! It is almost impossible to drive as the roads is very bumpy and bad weather and right now the car is as hard as a rock... Is there anything i can do to release air from the front to get it back down? Or anything Else i could do?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,171 Posts
Ok....to confirm, your have air suspension?
What were you doing to/with the car to have it finish up in this position?
Was there any issues with the air suspension (recently)?.
Has the vehicle been with a VW Tech (dealer or private workshop) recently.

In order to provide the most informed answer, thread observers would want to know these, and other facts/history.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Air susepension

Yes i have air suspension. I was using the X.tra level and when i was going to take it down the front wouldent come down. It have been inn 3 times the last two months now because this have happend and last time they had it 1 day extra to test it up and down many times to see if it was okay.... this is the second time i have used the X.tra level on the car since then and now it happend again.... The problem is not that i can take it to the VW tech tomorrow but i just need the car today and i can not drive like that.... If i can only get the front down to normal then i can take it to the VW tech tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,171 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm.... it did not help.... Can it be because the left front air suspension sensor is not working and im waiting for the new one? they said it would be okey driving the car and use it as normal to when they have the part....

·
Registered
277 Posts
If the sensor is toast the car doesn't know what position the suspension is in. Getting the go ahead for using the suspension levels from VW was odd.

Are you sure the sensor isn't loose or bent? My left front sensor was loose, with the accompanying fun angles. Got it back in place and all was good.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I would take a look at the level sensors and see if they are bent or broken. Another thing would be to have the VW expert take a look at Level Susp Module for fault codes and run an output test on the system. The adaptive air suspension on these vehicle in a pretty simple system.

You either have one of the following issues:

-Faulty Level Sensor
-Level Sensor Linkage or Bracket is Bent
-Pinched or Block Air Lines
-Exhaust valve or air spring valve malfunctioning
-Residual pressure retaining valve stuck
-Air Supply Supply Unit w/ Solenoid Valve Block
-Defective Adaptive Air Suspension Module

1 - 7 of 7 Posts