Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 Touareg with a V6.

One day, I turned the car on to warm up for about 2 minutes. When I went to the car, I noticed a bad smell and a lot of smoke. There was a fire under the vehicle near the rear driver side tire. Yes, a FIRE!

To make a long story short, the back wire harness to the rear height sensor, wheel speed sensor, brake pad sensor/harness and the wires going to the fuel pump is bad and I need to find a replacement.

My mechanic is having a hard time locating the wires from the local junk yards. The closest junk yard with a few Touareg is 90 miles way and he is hit with a few feet of snow. It's been going on two weeks and he is unable to get to the vehicle to see if any of his has a height sensor.

1) Has this ever happen to anyone else?

2) Do all 2004 Touareg come with height (headlight) sensors?

3) Does anyone know of a good junk yard that has Touaregs?

I'm willing to pay for the product and shipping fees. It's been over a month and I cannot find anyone in the North that has this part.

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure if this is exactly the part you'd need when you take into account fire damage to other parts, etc. However this may be a good start if you know you gotta replace that piece. What I've found with this vehicle is that ordering online is usually the quicker/better option. Finding salvage parts has always been like pulling teeth for me, especially local parts. Hope this helps (link is up a few lines)!

Tristan

EDIT: And I have heard of the wiring harness melting/failing due to being in contact with metal, luckily I've avoided that particular problem myself.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I need the whole harness that goes to the rear of the vehicle. The wire harness goes through the rear door threshold plate and feeds to the rear of the vehicle. I need everything from the threshold plate to the rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts