Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,881 Posts
Clap your hands three times and take it to a dealer.

A post with absolutely zero information will get you zero help. Put some effort into it.

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've taken it to the dealer. They stated it was ecm relay. Replaced and no resolve. Had a melted fuse on left side. Got rid of that, still popping up the same code. But the car runs and drives fine. Confused

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
If you had VCDS you could scan the Treg and post it up here. You could also reset the fault and see if it come back.
Without any details on your vehicle year/trim, there's not much anyone can advise you to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's a 2008 touareg 3.6 base model. I've reset the computer several times after making repairs. The only reoccurring code is a p0657. A open circuit. I've had a shop say that the fan might be the problem. After it gets up to 200 degrees. The fan(s) don't come on.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
I've taken it to the dealer. They stated it was ecm relay. Replaced and no resolve. Had a melted fuse on left side. Got rid of that, still popping up the same code. But the car runs and drives fine. Confused
I did forget in my first post to say Hello and welcome to the forums.
Which exact fuse was "melted"?. Post the actual fuse location #. I find fuses blow before they melt unless you had an iffy fuse holder that was arcing with current draw.
My suggestion would be to go to a good indie shop that deals with VW's or bite the bullet and deal with the dealer.
Also get yourself a proper scan tool such as a genuine VCDS. It won't help you right now but it will in the future. It will also help you from getting unhelpful rhetoric from others looking to boost themselves.
Sorry .... not sorry to anyone who feels burned by that last sentence.

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,881 Posts
unhelpful rhetoric from others
Unhelpful like...

(A) not posting any information whatsoever?
(B) not following up?
(C) Getting upset when asked for more information?
(D) Going around in circles?

others looking to boost themselves
What does this mean? Others? Boost what? How?

·
Registered
2004 V8
280 Posts
OP is like some clients we see at the shop. They drop off the vehicle with an issue. Do not respond to calls, and when finally reached, give elusive answers, blame the shop for a vehicle not running by saying, "It ran when I dropped it off," and deny any wrongdoing.

I might be wrong about OP, but it smells just like it.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
Unhelpful like...

(A) not posting any information whatsoever?
(B) not following up?
(C) Getting upset when asked for more information?
(D) Going around in circles?

What does this mean? Others? Boost what? How?
Yes, those that have know what I mean.

OP is like some clients we see at the shop. They drop off the vehicle with an issue. Do not respond to calls, and when finally reached, give elusive answers, blame the shop for a vehicle not running by saying, "It ran when I dropped it off," and deny any wrongdoing.

I might be wrong about OP, but it smells just like it.
This happens a lot on here. It's as if they don't like what they read and bolt.
Maybe the OP will be different.

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,866 Posts
Wasn't looking for negative comments. Just help. Always tried to do things myself. But electrical issues I have trouble with. I thought I could get some leads here to try. I'm done with this forum.
Sadly you're not alone with this line of thinking. There was a negative tactless force that appeared on this forum this year that is driving a lot of new members away.

Reactions: Darepoole
1 - 20 of 27 Posts