Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to determine if the elastic drive coupling and freewheel for the alternator has been replaced or not? I have a 2007 Touareg R5 which shows 194000 km and somewhat unknown service history between 150000 km and 190000 km. The service plan says to replace coupling and freewheel every 180000 km. As you can see it looks closer to new than ten years old, or does it always look like that? There is no play if you try to turn it but it slides back and forth from the freewheel to the engineside gear...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone know when they changed the part number on the freewheel from 070 903 201 C to 070 903 201 E?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
You might be on to something with that.

The suffix letter changes when either the part is changed in some way or when VW gets a new supplier.

Sorry I can't help on the date.

As for the rest, here's the reply I posted on mytreg.com for you:

That does look remarkably new!

However the same coupling is used on the aircon compressor so look at that as well. What's the suffix letter on that?

Both couplings are actually in two parts, the rubber ring and a clutch.

I think you are supposed to replace both couplings and both parts of those couplings.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Took a look in ETKA. The freewheel with part number 070903201C was dropped on 01/06/2010 and replaced by 070903201E. That indicates that the freewheel in my car has been replaced after 01/06/2010? However the part number on the rubber coupling was replaced with sufix D on 01/12/2008 and the one I have says C... Any thoughts?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts