Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am wondering if anyone has any experience with this HID Valeo Headlamp Ballast: 3D0907391B
its used on my 2007 Touareg and I'm sure a few other years of Touareg as well. I know this ballast is used on other makes such as volvo and bmw with the research I have done. In my researching I have found a few facts, the dealer charges A LOT for 1 ballast $450ish (USD), Valeo who produces this for VWAG sells is through vendors for between $115 and $200 and there is a 3rd option I have found on ebay for around $40. The ebay ones are from china and most certainly knockoffs but there are quite a few sellers selling these ballasts at the same price point and a lot of positive reviews. Does anyone on here have experience with the ebay ballasts?

Attachments

·
Registered
808 Posts
My brother and I have both used ballasts from ebay with success but lately I haven't been able to replicate it.
I have fitted HIDs using ebay ballasts to more than one of my cars and have been disappointed.

I was using good projectors too it's just the light seemed thin.

Recently my brother bought ballasts from the retrofit source and they work well. He has removed his LED lightbar finding it unnecessary.

There's also this place that sells proper quality ballasts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My brother and I have both used ballasts from ebay with success but lately I haven't been able to replicate it.
I have fitted HIDs using ebay ballasts to more than one of my cars and have been disappointed.

I was using good projectors too it's just the light seemed thin.

Recently my brother bought ballasts from the retrofit source and they work well. He has removed his LED lightbar finding it unnecessary.

There's also this place that sells proper quality ballasts.
Thanks for the reply, i probably wont use those types of ballasts. I appreciate your input on the ebay transactions though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts