Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
If it is the same as the sensor in my 2015, it only works when no one is watching. In a crowded parking lot, people will think you have lost it and are doing a stanky leg dance. I can't see spending much time or money to add this "feature."

·
Registered
132 Posts
If it is the same as the sensor in my 2015, it only works when no one is watching. In a crowded parking lot, people will think you have lost it and are doing a stanky leg dance. I can't see spending much time or money to add this "feature."
Hilarious! I have the R-Line which means this is deleted but I can totally imagine doing the dance!

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
So, I've been messing around with this feature and notice it only works when you slide your foot under the bumper, just to the right of the tow hitch. I looked under there and can't find a sensor at all. Anybody know where this sensor is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
So, I've been messing around with this feature and notice it only works when you slide your foot under the bumper, just to the right of the tow hitch. I looked under there and can't find a sensor at all. Anybody know where this sensor is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's under the skin of the lower rear bumper valence. There is no exposed sensor, to my knowledge

·
Registered
454 Posts
I have been messing around with this more, and I think the safety features are what is causing it to not work reliably. It seems to want to see two legs approach and one kick for it to open. If other people, the dog, a shopping cart etc. are too close or moving, it does not open. When it does work, it senses a kick on either side of the hitch.

·
Registered
848 Posts
I've learned that if you pull your foot away from under the bumper quickly, the gate responds almost all of the time.

Insert foot slowly, then pull away fast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts