Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looking for information on the grill removal and the OEM Dynaudio speaker for the front dashboard.

Anyone ever pop off the grill? Any specs or pictures of
the center channel speaker?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeap, very easy job.
You just have to lever it out. I used a small plastic lever starting from the passenger side and some persuasion. Make sure to lever on the outer edge, otherwise you may damage the grill.
There are a number of plastic clips that pop out as you lever it. They are located all the way round.
If you plan to disassemble it in the future, aply silicon grease to the clips, that will ease the process.
I hope it helps.

Gabriel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeap, very easy job.
You just have to lever it out. I used a small plastic lever starting from the passenger side and some persuasion. Make sure to lever on the outer edge, otherwise you may damage the grill.
There are a number of plastic clips that pop out as you lever it. They are located all the way round.
If you plan to disassemble it in the future, aply silicon grease to the clips, that will ease the process.
I hope it helps.

Gabriel
Yes Thank You!

Did you add/change your center speaker? What size is in there? A single, dual?

I am trying to avoid opening up parts for survey only if others have already invented that wheel.

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
374 Posts
Speaking of the center speaker grille, is there a way to make it quit rattling when the car hits a bump on the road or if the engine is vibrating a bit (motor mounts need replacing).

·
Learner
4,982 Posts
I stuck some black electrical tape at the edges.
Can't see from the top and it does the job

Reactions: qurtuba

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I hear a lot of people have opened it but I haven't heard any comments on the speaker size that is in there or what fits...

Anyone have any info on the Dynaudio driver that is used for center channel?

Has anyone put another driver there?

I got my Match PP 82DSP put in last week and now I'm ready to add the center and sub.

Sent from my LGL322DL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts