Club Touareg Forum banner

241 - 260 of 260 Posts

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
@Singh Not the large brake alert warning.. it was a small red brake circle with a foot inside
- from the manual: Red "Depress Brake Pedal!" alert, which has no other information provided other than press the brake, which did not make this go away.
Red alert indicators relating to brakes are a little scary, but this one does not seem to relate to a brake failure, but rather a driver action to be taken.
I also had a intermittent error codes for multimedia and ACC control units.
(At this point I should mention I am using OBDeleven via iPhone not VCDS so there are some limitations to diagnostics I think)

Went in this morning to clear those codes and see what happens.
Almost immediately after connecting the OBDeleven I got a "Low Battery start engine" warning on the MFI. (started engine at this point)
The "Depress Brake Pedal!" alert had returned.
Shortly after starting the engine I get the "No road sign data is available in this area"
I had intermittent faults showing on control units for ACC, Multimedia, Chassis Control, Gateway, Dashboard.
Cleared all the faults, let the engine run for a while then shut off and restarted, the depress brake pedal warning had gone.

Will take it out for a few laps today and see if I get any errors etc.
I hope they all clear up.
I have obdeleven as well but haven't used it to make any changes, just haven't been able to trust it yet.
I forget where you are based, perhaps a vcds scan and changes could help

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
I hope they all clear up.
I have obdeleven as well but haven't used it to make any changes, just haven't been able to trust it yet.
I forget where you are based, perhaps a vcds scan and changes could help
here in Perth......

I can scan for you Grant...if we can find a half way meeting place (I'm in the deep north :D )

·
Registered
V6 TDI Touareg - (MY18 (P7) - Deep Black Pearlescent)
190 Posts
@Steve_L
I am heading up North with the van for a few weeks on Sunday, hence will miss the meetup.
I don't mind a drive and happy to come to you but probably will not get a chance until after I return from my trip.
I am wondering if starting the engine with the OBDeleven active may have triggered the group of intermittent fault codes?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
Unsure Grant as I have had no experience with OBD module only Ross-Tech

·
Registered
190 Posts
Much more comfortable now having successfully exercised this modification.
Most importantly the OBD scan remains clear after resetting the slew of earlier errors post implementation.
Functionality working as described; pretty good and quick but misses the occasional sign.
Fortunately near home we have roadworks and the usual craziness of 4 speed zone changes within 1 km ranging through 50, 70, 80, 90 (they love their speed limits here).
Missed the first single sign (placed on the left only, it was high with a lot of sunlight reflection), definitely gets the signs where placed on both sides of the road.
Picked up one sign I didn't expect on the left only (orange and black but correctly formatted circle with a 40)
Missed the last 50 sign placed on the left side only which was pretty high by normal standards.

THANK YOU @Singh and @Steve_L for your help

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
Much more comfortable now having successfully exercised this modification.
Most importantly the OBD scan remains clear after resetting the slew of earlier errors post implementation.
Functionality working as described; pretty good and quick but misses the occasional sign.
Fortunately near home we have roadworks and the usual craziness of 4 speed zone changes within 1 km ranging through 50, 70, 80, 90 (they love their speed limits here).
Missed the first single sign (placed on the left only, it was high with a lot of sunlight reflection), definitely gets the signs where placed on both sides of the road.
Picked up one sign I didn't expect on the left only (orange and black but correctly formatted circle with a 40)
Missed the last 50 sign placed on the left side only which was pretty high by normal standards.

THANK YOU @Singh and @Steve_L for your help
Good stuff.
I have left my obdeleven connected for days and no probs there.

It's an assist function and ok if it doesn't work 100%, which it can't given sunlight, reflections, etc etc
But does a great job nonetheless, picks up pretty much all in my experience, even the ones behind buses...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Clarification.. OBDeleven plug is in the socket for days (no issue) however I was actively connected to the device during engine start.
However I guess it should not matter as it is reading onlyn

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Clarification.. OBDeleven plug is in the socket for days (no issue) however I was actively connected to the device during engine start.
However I guess it should not matter as it is reading onlyn
Confirming the same Grant, not a problem

·
Registered
2015 R-Line
37 Posts
@Singh Not the large brake alert warning.. it was a small red brake circle with a foot inside
- from the manual: Red "Depress Brake Pedal!" alert, which has no other information provided other than press the brake, which did not make this go away.
Red alert indicators relating to brakes are a little scary, but this one does not seem to relate to a brake failure, but rather a driver action to be taken.
I also had a intermittent error codes for multimedia and ACC control units.
(At this point I should mention I am using OBDeleven via iPhone not VCDS so there are some limitations to diagnostics I think)

Went in this morning to clear those codes and see what happens.
Almost immediately after connecting the OBDeleven I got a "Low Battery start engine" warning on the MFI. (started engine at this point)
The "Depress Brake Pedal!" alert had returned.
Shortly after starting the engine I get the "No road sign data is available in this area"
I had intermittent faults showing on control units for ACC, Multimedia, Chassis Control, Gateway, Dashboard.
Cleared all the faults, let the engine run for a while then shut off and restarted, the depress brake pedal warning had gone.

Will take it out for a few laps today and see if I get any errors etc.
Two issues I found, since Road Sign augmentation. Bluetooth issue, twice the MMI acted like a call was being made. I have reset MMI and Phone, and it hasn't reoccurring yet. The TMPS system changed to bar instead of psi, I changed it via normal menu been OK since.

Hoping they were just transient errors from MMI rebooting.

On another note I have extended the entry delay for Alarm Siren trip, for when I used my hard key to open the car. NB. Time is in seconds.

Adaptation
Control unit: 46 Comfort System
Channel: 60
Old value: 0
New value: XX

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #250
Two issues I found, since Road Sign augmentation. Bluetooth issue, twice the MMI acted like a call was being made. I have reset MMI and Phone, and it hasn't reoccurring yet. The TMPS system changed to bar instead of psi, I changed it via normal menu been OK since.

Hoping they were just transient errors from MMI rebooting.

On another note I have extended the entry delay for Alarm Siren trip, for when I used my hard key to open the car. NB. Time is in seconds.

Adaptation
Control unit: 46 Comfort System
Channel: 60
Old value: 0
New value: XX
Always good to do a scan before making any changes so you can confirm the changes and revert if required.
The sign assist changes have nothing to do with those issues from my limited knowledge.
Good that you have it sorted though.

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
hola y traté de poner 8E en VCDS y no me deja, pero mi auto tiene ACC y asistente de carril, ¿pueden ayudarme? Gracias

* hi and i tried to put 8E on VCDS and it won't let me but my car has ACC and lane assist, can you help me? Thank you*
share a complete scan

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
Ya lo hice y no aparece 8E, como si no vieras la cámara, no me deja tocar nada en el lector de señal :(
I already did it and 8E does not appear, as if you did not see the camera, it does not let me touch anything on the signal reader

** please post in English (translate before posting). The communication basis of this forum is the English Language. Thankyou ;) **

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #254
Ya lo hice y no aparece 8E, como si no vieras la cámara, no me deja tocar nada en el lector de señal :(
I don't see your post of the full scan.
Run a full scan share it here or pm.
My Spanish is poor so in English would be grat

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi all. After a lengthy hiatus, I've recently come back to the fold of Touareg ownership. I've bought a 2013 (5/13) 4XMotion model with the drivers assist package (lane keep etc). I've been trying to modify mine following the instructions and have the same error in the MFD as a few others -"Road sign data not available in this area". I've never had the other message - "Road signs may not be completely available at this time".

The coding changes went smoothly, the MFD has the option to be checked and it is in Fusion mode. It's module PN is 7P6-920-881-N

Thanks for your persistence and dedication Singh with this thread.

My main question is what are the oldest vehicles this has worked on? It might just be too old...

Mat

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
the camera model/generation apparently is the key. Do you have a VCDS scan showing the caamera model number?

Oh...and 'welcome back' ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for speedy reply Steve. Happy to be back....

Under "On Board Cam."

PN 7p6 907 217 B

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
I think the B series camera won't provide the required the data.

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #259
Pre 2015 the modules appear not to support it, modules are older version.
Congrats with your purchase @matsoutback

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation Steve and Singh.
Mat

Reactions: Singh
241 - 260 of 260 Posts