Club Touareg Forum banner

221 - 240 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Touareg 3.0 TDI
5 Posts
Hello there everyone, I'm new around here and wanted to activate this option on my 2012 Treg. I couldn't find 8E module with the car connected to the vcds. Strange thing is that the car has the DLA option so basically it has the camera in the windshield. I was able to activate the green screen menu via the instructions provided in this thread(thank you @Singh for the instructions) and activate the sign assist in the Rns850 but not in the MFD.
Also by "searching" around in the vcds I was able to activate lane assist but for now only the visual is working (it shows up in RNS, in MFD, in "assistent" section of the MFD it does recognize the road lines but don't keep the car between the lines.
Is there something I'm missing?
Thanks in advance

Hi, I have same situation with My 2012 Touareg, with camera in windshield where only DLA is available.

I have access to VCDS, is it possible to enable AAC, Lane Assist and Sign Assist or is there any extra hardware required?

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #222
Hi, I have same situation with My 2012 Touareg, with camera in windshield where only DLA is available.

I have access to VCDS, is it possible to enable AAC, Lane Assist and Sign Assist or is there any extra hardware required?
Hi mate,
The earlier 7p models don't appear to have the hardware it in some cases the required version of the hardware to set up sign assist.
If you are extremely keen then perhaps some of this can be setup by changing, adding relevant hardware.
My experience is limited to enabling sign assist where you have the right hardware already

·
Registered
251 Posts
I was curious as to whether anyone in North America has successfully enabled the road sign recognition? I know chewblekka tried but not sure if he ever got it working. I have a tendency to ask... “what’s the speed limit here” and thought this might keep me on track a little better. Thanks for any info available.

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
I was curious as to whether anyone in North America has successfully enabled the road sign recognition? I know chewblekka tried but not sure if he ever got it working. I have a tendency to ask... “what’s the speed limit here” and thought this might keep me on track a little better. Thanks for any info available.
Given cheblekkas experience it's not recommended for the northerners... something is amiss

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yea I figured if anyone could get it working he would be able to. But I am sure it’s possible with the right coding. Or one would think.

·
Registered
2014 Touareg V8 TDI R-Line
7 Posts
Singh - Thanks for figuring this out and posting the instructions on the Road Sign Assist it works perfectly.

Only drawback is the alert message which your probably used to by now, however I have noticed it doesn't always come up.

Thanks again.

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
Singh - Thanks for figuring this out and posting the instructions on the Road Sign Assist it works perfectly.

Only drawback is the alert message which your probably used to by now, however I have noticed it doesn't always come up.

Thanks again.
No probs, to remove that alert permanently I would have to invest in equipment worth $500 so not a priority and worth the spend

·
Registered
2015 R-Line
37 Posts
No probs, to remove that alert permanently I would have to invest in equipment worth $500 so not a priority and worth the spend
Thanks for Longcode notes Mr Singh. I applied them via ODBeleven Control Unit (Module) Longcode option. Although there were some preconfigured Adaptions (No 1 click APP though), I did not use them, although I was model matched via VIN, I didn't 100% know they'd work, or indeed what they were doing (notes were thin to none).

All works, even picking up that I was turning right 10mt before 40Km School Zone so didn't apply, but applied 40Km on my 2nd test circuit when I went straight on.

I get the Warning Nag message, but I couldn't change the MODE from "Fusion" to "Detection". As it required a Security Code, the Adaption had a code in notes (20103), but it didn't accept it.
Via ODBeleven I note its using Westen Europe Sign Database (and thus also has the Navteq "Electronic Horizon" Detection actived. Which could be an issue with the Nag Warning.

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Thanks for Longcode notes Mr Singh. I applied them via ODBeleven Control Unit (Module) Longcode option. Although there were some preconfigured Adaptions (No 1 click APP though), I did not use them, although I was model matched via VIN, I didn't 100% know they'd work, or indeed what they were doing (notes were thin to none).

All works, even picking up that I was turning right 10mt before 40Km School Zone so didn't apply, but applied 40Km on my 2nd test circuit when I went straight on.

I get the Warning Nag message, but I couldn't change the MODE from "Fusion" to "Detection". As it required a Security Code, the Adaption had a code in notes (20103), but it didn't accept it.
Via ODBeleven I note its using Westen Europe Sign Database (and thus also has the Navteq "Electronic Horizon" Detection actived. Which could be an issue with the Nag Warning.
Good stuff, you can't change the rest without further investment, ignore the flash message and enjoy 👍

·
Registered
MY15, 7P6, V6 TDI with air
19 Posts
Mods worked for my MY15 and operate exactly as per Singh (took a couple of checks on the MMI and steering wheel assist before MMI allowed me to check the option and see trailer option in submenu).
Look forward to update on turning off the warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Mods worked for my MY15 and operate exactly as per Singh (took a couple of checks on the MMI and steering wheel assist before MMI allowed me to check the option and see trailer option in submenu).
Look forward to update on turning off the warning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great stuff, enjoy..
I will have to kick off an investment fund, to buy the equipment to turn off the warning ☺

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
yeah.... I'm in.

Reactions: Singh

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #234
Outlay is about $500.
So there's 3 for now, let's see if we get more...
Whoever pitches in gets the fix and any other potential niceties it may bring :)

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
V6 TDI Touareg - (MY18 (P7) - Deep Black Pearlescent)
190 Posts
@Singh, thank you for your efforts on this feature. (wow it's fantastic)
following your instructions I was able to get the speed sign recognition working.
along the way I bumped into a few odd things
  • initially I was getting an error on the RNS850 "sign assist is not fully operational" and not able to access the sign assist menu, this cleared after turning off the ignition and powering up again.
  • the sign assist menu option was not available on the dash (via the indicator stalk button) until after began a test drive.
  • after test driving the signs began to work although shortly after driving off (I think this is triggered by the first sign) I get a "load chime" with the message "sign assist not fully operational" on the dash. You mentioned the message in your notes, the message I can deal with.. the chime is loud and annoying! Is there any way to mute this Singh?
  • my first test drive I had a red brake warning on the dash, which worried me a lot but this resolved after stopping and shutting down and restarting. Hoping I don't see that again and that it was just a random event.

I am loving the "sign assist" but would like the chime to stop because I know the spouse is going to hate it. I really hope there is some simple way to quiet that.

THANK YOU

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,218 Posts
Agreed, the chime is a bit 'annoying', but personally, I have learned to live with it. Just.

But, if we can collectively contribute to obtaining the magic bullet, I'm in ;)

Reactions: Singh and gatkins

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
@Singh, thank you for your efforts on this feature. (wow it's fantastic)
following your instructions I was able to get the speed sign recognition working.
along the way I bumped into a few odd things
  • initially I was getting an error on the RNS850 "sign assist is not fully operational" and not able to access the sign assist menu, this cleared after turning off the ignition and powering up again.
  • the sign assist menu option was not available on the dash (via the indicator stalk button) until after began a test drive.
  • after test driving the signs began to work although shortly after driving off (I think this is triggered by the first sign) I get a "load chime" with the message "sign assist not fully operational" on the dash. You mentioned the message in your notes, the message I can deal with.. the chime is loud and annoying! Is there any way to mute this Singh?
  • my first test drive I had a red brake warning on the dash, which worried me a lot but this resolved after stopping and shutting down and restarting. Hoping I don't see that again and that it was just a random event.
I am loving the "sign assist" but would like the chime to stop because I know the spouse is going to hate it. I really hope there is some simple way to quiet that.

THANK YOU
That's great... The brake sign, was that a big one on MFI?
If so then it's the ACC alert I would think, unless it's a different sign, but shouldn't have anything to do with this.
Great, we have another contributor, we now have 5 or 6...

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #239
Agreed, the chime is a bit 'annoying', but personally, I have learned to live with it. Just.

But, if we can collectively contribute to obtaining the magic bullet, I'm in ;)
Same here, hence not worth the solo spend Steve, but if we have the numbers then it's worth it.
Plus you lot will get the tested patch and my 7p will be the guinea pig ☺

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
V6 TDI Touareg - (MY18 (P7) - Deep Black Pearlescent)
190 Posts
@Singh Not the large brake alert warning.. it was a small red brake circle with a foot inside
- from the manual: Red "Depress Brake Pedal!" alert, which has no other information provided other than press the brake, which did not make this go away.
Red alert indicators relating to brakes are a little scary, but this one does not seem to relate to a brake failure, but rather a driver action to be taken.
I also had a intermittent error codes for multimedia and ACC control units.
(At this point I should mention I am using OBDeleven via iPhone not VCDS so there are some limitations to diagnostics I think)

Went in this morning to clear those codes and see what happens.
Almost immediately after connecting the OBDeleven I got a "Low Battery start engine" warning on the MFI. (started engine at this point)
The "Depress Brake Pedal!" alert had returned.
Shortly after starting the engine I get the "No road sign data is available in this area"
I had intermittent faults showing on control units for ACC, Multimedia, Chassis Control, Gateway, Dashboard.
Cleared all the faults, let the engine run for a while then shut off and restarted, the depress brake pedal warning had gone.

Will take it out for a few laps today and see if I get any errors etc.

221 - 240 of 260 Posts