Club Touareg Forum banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Hmm, I definitely see KandCs setup different to mine in the scan.
For me personally I haven't had any of those issues at all, ever, just the flash alert message which comes and goes away.
Something is definitely setup differently with both of you.

·
Registered
2017 R Line V8
141 Posts
Hi worth52
What year and model is your current Touareg ?
As Singh has stated his 2015 R Line has some different module part numbers and coding to my 2017 R Line.
It's possible VW have made some changes after 2015 which is causing our problems.

Kym

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Hi worth52
What year and model is your current Touareg ?
As Singh has stated his 2015 R Line has some different module part numbers and coding to my 2017 R Line.
It's possible VW have made some changes after 2015 which is causing our problems.

Kym
Hey Kym
To clarify, the part numbers, hardware is the same, but your coding is different in some modules, I suspect this is the issue

·
Registered
2017 R Line V8
141 Posts
Thanks for clarifying that Singh I miss read what you had said.
Making VCDS changes is time consuming (for me at least as I double check everything and take screen shots) and a waste of fuel having the engine running all that time.
What are the consequences of performing the changes with the ignition on but not running the engine obviously it drains the battery quickly but is there other issues to be worried about like burning out glow plugs or heaters etc.
Would connecting a battery charger across the terminals under the bonnet provide enough current to prevent the battery discharging ?
If possible I would like to go through all the modules and take screen shots of all the coding choices and adaptation options to keep on file and determine what options for change are available.
Had a quick look at Module 65 Tyre Pressure yesterday and found in Adaptation where the front and rear pressures could be changed for comfort and fully loaded.

Thanks
Kym

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Thanks for clarifying that Singh I miss read what you had said.
Making VCDS changes is time consuming (for me at least as I double check everything and take screen shots) and a waste of fuel having the engine running all that time.
What are the consequences of performing the changes with the ignition on but not running the engine obviously it drains the battery quickly but is there other issues to be worried about like burning out glow plugs or heaters etc.
Would connecting a battery charger across the terminals under the bonnet provide enough current to prevent the battery discharging ?
If possible I would like to go through all the modules and take screen shots of all the coding choices and adaptation options to keep on file and determine what options for change are available.
Had a quick look at Module 65 Tyre Pressure yesterday and found in Adaptation where the front and rear pressures could be changed for comfort and fully loaded.

Thanks
Kym
I have never run the engine whilst making vcds changes, all I ever need is 15-20mins, never had the battery go low.
Remember if it does the screen will warn you and you will still have plenty of juice to start.
Yep, if you have a good intelligent charger then I would connect that, especially if you need ignition on for longer periods.
Easy way is to run a scan and save the results, don't need to take screen shots.
From what I understand there's no issue if you keep ignition on for say half hour once in a while

·
Registered
2017 Volkswagen Touareg Monochrome
5 Posts
Hi everyone, apologies if I’ve missed a previous post that answers this, would my Treg have the required hardware to enable speed sign recognition? I’ve got a 2017 Monochrome edition that comes with ACC but not lane assist. Thanks in advance.

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
Hi everyone, apologies if I’ve missed a previous post that answers this, would my Treg have the required hardware to enable speed sign recognition? I’ve got a 2017 Monochrome edition that comes with ACC but not lane assist. Thanks in advance.
You should be able to turn on DSR and lane assist.
It's the camera in the windshield that does it

Reactions: Ben0007

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be outstanding. I don't have a ross-tech cable but I may need able to borrow one from a friend at work. Would you have a write up of the instructions?

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
That would be outstanding. I don't have a ross-tech cable but I may need able to borrow one from a friend at work. Would you have a write up of the instructions?
This is the write-up, go to the top of the thread and follow the instructions

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had a look and can't find the camera, only what looks like the rain sensor. Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like?
Unfortunately I don't have access to an obd cable to scan the car. Is there a way of checking via the green screen menu?

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #211
I've had a look and can't find the camera, only what looks like the rain sensor. Does anyone have a picture of what it looks like?
Unfortunately I don't have access to an obd cable to scan the car. Is there a way of checking via the green screen menu?
If you have adaptive cruise control then you have this camera...

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #213
Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi all, have successfully followed the instructions to get the sign recognition going thank you very much. I'd like to give the lane assist setup a go but can't find any instructions anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Hi all, have successfully followed the instructions to get the sign recognition going thank you very much. I'd like to give the lane assist setup a go but can't find any instructions anywhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
First you need the vibration control motor in your steering wheel, without that the you only get the visual indication on the mfi

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #218

·
Learner
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #219
Hi Singh, do you happen to have a part number? Google is giving me 7P6959111A.
That's it, don't know why in some cases the sellers are marking it as steering tilt motor

201 - 220 of 260 Posts