Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I read all the posts about hooking up a DVD to NAV and see where I could get all the bits myself BUT not being electrically inclined, it scares the hell out of me thinking about DIY. Having said that....
1) Anyone know anyone near Tyler TX that could do it for me?
2) Is it easy enough for a novice to DIY?

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Spockcat! I'll probably give it a go. Of course the misses says we should just get a portable dvd and no worry about connecting it. But being a guy and hearing others have done it and knowing how cool it would be....

· Registered
328 Posts
shamus said:
Thanks Spockcat! I'll probably give it a go. Of course the misses says we should just get a portable dvd and no worry about connecting it. But being a guy and hearing others have done it and knowing how cool it would be....
Just keep in mind you won't be able to watch it if the vehicle is moving.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
AZBob said:
shamus said:
Just keep in mind you won't be able to watch it if the vehicle is moving.
This is going to be changing real soon. There is a device that will allow video in potion. I haven't gotten the price from the manufacturer but they have tested it and it works according to them. I have asked for a sample for myself which I hope to get next week.

· Premium Member
4,837 Posts
I was told it was shipped/mailed yesterday or on Monday. Only problem is that I don't have a video adapter available. I sold the last one I had a week or so back and the manufacturer doesn't have them in stock either. So it will be a couple of weeks before I can display actual video on the screen. Of course, I could still install the motion bypass device and just display a dark screen (instead of the warning).

· Registered
55 Posts
I like what I see on the video. Is there a way to have the following:

- Monitors in the headrest - like the other post that describes the Audiovox units
- Ability to have both monitors display the same DVD from one or the other source - left headrest plays on left or right and vice versa
- Ability to send the video from one or the other headrest unti to the NAV screen with sound from the NAV head unit.

I hope I explained that correctly/enough. Any questions, please write. :confused2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.