Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

Registered
Seeing lots that obviously are not 4xmotion from the pics of the center console
thanks for the info regarding air suspension, i hadnt realised that
any other obvious giveaways?
Is air as desirable as i am thinking? ie totally desirable

Registered
As I'm selling one with air suspension I'll say it's a totally desirable option. 馃榿馃榿馃榿

Externally the only things to look for that I know of are:
  • the red I in the TDI badge on the tailgate for the 180kw (vs silver for 150kw).
  • 4XMOTION has black window surrounds instead of chrome (however, chrome was an option on 4XMOTION apparently).
  • 17" wheels...due to the bigger brakes on the 180/V8 only fit on the 150?????? (TBC)

Registered
Externally the only things to look for that I know of are:
  • the red I in the TDI badge on the tailgate for the 180kw (vs silver for 150kw).
  • 4XMOTION has black window surrounds instead of chrome (however, chrome was an option on 4XMOTION apparently).
  • 17" wheels...due to the bigger brakes on the 180/V8 only fit on the 150?????? (TBC)
Blue "I" on tailgate TDI badge also represents TDI150.

Only V8 cannot accommodate 17inch wheels due to larger disc rotor. I run 265/65/17 on my 4XMotion.

Some other 4XMotion visible giveaways (at least on 2011 and 2102 models) include:
  • round tail pipes instead of the angular pipes
  • black plastic skirting on sides
  • black plastic cargo sill (vice chrome)
  • underbody protection comprising a thin steel plate at front end and plastic sump guard mid-vehicle (really just sound proofing and stone protection). Also plastic plastic stone protection around rear axle.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts