Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi treggies
Can anyone tell me if the dual range (4XMotion)
option was available in aus for the V6 Tdi with the air suspension
2013 - 2016

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think T3 4XMotion available on MY11 to MY14 only.

T3 TDI180 air suspension was a factory option on MY11 and MY12 and thereafter standard.

So I think what you are looking for is only available on MY11 to MY14.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I recently sold my 2014 180 TDi T3 fitted with air suspension and the locking centre and rear diff option with low range transfer case. It was discontinued shortly after too I believe a $7k option at the time that not many in Aus selected.

Pete

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes I recently sold my 2014 180 TDi T3 fitted with air suspension and the locking centre and rear diff option with low range transfer case. It was discontinued shortly after too I believe a $7k option at the time that not many in Aus selected.

Pete
IMG_9352.jpg

·
Learner
4,799 Posts
Hi treggies
Can anyone tell me if the dual range (4XMotion)
option was available in aus for the V6 Tdi with the air suspension
2013 - 2016
yes, but only from 2011-early 2014

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Rod, it's reasonably easy to locate them. When I was setting out to get my T3 I had no idea of the difference between the 4Motion and 4XMotion. Lots of googling then I set my online searching to the 4XMotion criteria.

Here's one I found in a 2 minute search. Just make sure you have 4XMotion in your search criteria.

Pete
Thanks Pete
The problem is that when the carsales ads are put up the sellers use the wrong description
I have been through all of the 4xmotion ads and checked the dial as per the pic you posted
Found only one 2011 with 258k on the clock all the rest are only 4motion
Some dont even have the air suspension
Even the dealers get it wrong
Thanks for your guidance

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, I see and know what you mean. One to be aware of that.

Pete

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's the same in the UK where VW dealers often misrepresent the Touareg they are selling because their sales staff don't actually know much about the different model specs!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Is it ineptness or deliberate to hook you in? We will never actually know.

Pete

·
Registered
305 Posts
Is it ineptness or deliberate to hook you in? We will never actually know.

Pete
[/QUOTE)

It's plain incompetence.

Dealers have never wanted the Touareg (or the Phaeton) as it doesn't sell in the huge numbers they need to shift to keep VW HQ happy, and VW HQ themselves don't understand the luxury 4x4 SUV market either which is why the Touareg has never sold as well as it should have done.

·
Learner
4,799 Posts
No. I've acquired the necessary parts to retrofit 4xMotion in my Canadian 2015 TDI.

Brilliant! Do you reckon the same parts would fit a V8 TDI?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Brilliant! Do you reckon the same parts would fit a V8 TDI?
Unfortunately I don't believe the 4xMotion retrofit is possible with the V8 TDI, as they never came with it from the factory. As such, either the transfercase neck length would be wrong, or the driveshaft length, or the rear diff gearing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not just the dealers, private sellers also use the wrong descriptions, I have asked several directly if they have the 4xmotion option and they say they have but the dial is the standard 2 position offroad in their pictures.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Unfortunately I don't believe the 4xMotion retrofit is possible with the V8 TDI, as they never came with it from the factory. As such, either the transfercase neck length would be wrong, or the driveshaft length, or the rear diff gearing.
Sorry.....wrong answer...the correct answer was "Send me a V8 TDI, since they are unavailable here, and I will let you know what I find out."

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts