-cayenne shift pattern using VCDS
- pre emissions scandal tune

there are no performances tune available
Thanks.
There are 2 things you can do to improve shift:
-cayenne shift pattern using VCDS
- pre emissions scandal tune

there are no performances tune available
I apologize. I posted a quote from a review for the Touareg. Apparently I believed to much of what I read on the internet!

·
Registered
181 Posts
All touareg have regular automatics, first they were 6 speed , then 8 speed. No DSG transmissions, yet.
Manual/stick shift gearboxes were available on the R5 in some markets!
Still not DSG. I know you're talking about South Africa and Arab markets. But that manual transmission was not a DSG.
@ToolmanJohn , @TommiT was making a comment about there being other transmissions available for the Touareg. You made a blanket statement that there was no other transmission anywhere in the known universe except the 6- or 8-speed auto non-DSG transmission as evidenced by the use of the word "All". He correctly stated that there were indeed other transmission choices. He was not in any way stating that those manuals were a DSG, since he also said
I know how DSG works, thank you.
So anyway, back to your regularly scheduled scrolling.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
@ToolmanJohn , @TommiT was making a comment about there being other transmissions available for the Touareg. You made a blanket statement that there was no other transmission anywhere in the known universe except the 6- or 8-speed auto non-DSG transmission as evidenced by the use of the word "All". He correctly stated that there were indeed other transmission choices. He was not in any way stating that those manuals were a DSG, since he also said

So anyway, back to your regularly scheduled scrolling.
I didn’t mean to start such a fuss. I had read a review (posted previously) on the internet that erroneously said all Touareg have DSG transmissions in USA. Prior to the article I had never heard of a DSG transmission (think 70’s lol). These new vehicles make what I’d built back then seem slow. I put a ‘68 302 in an ‘83 ranger but the Touareg with the stage 2 tune is way faster even 0-60. I do have a question. I can put it in sport press brake down with foot and throttle up (yes it’s pulling not like push in a clutch) and I can rev up to 3500 rpm. If I let off the brake at 3500rpm with traction control on it squeals a couple of tires and “hops” off the line. I assume what I’m doing is akin to brake torquing a traditional 2wd and letting off the brake during. How hard is this on the drivetrain? And transmission?
Ignorant trying to learn,
Tazard

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I didn’t mean to start such a fuss. I had read a review (posted previously) on the internet that erroneously said all Touareg have DSG transmissions in USA. Prior to the article I had never heard of a DSG transmission (think 70’s lol). These new vehicles make what I’d built back then seem slow. I put a ‘68 302 in an ‘83 ranger but the Touareg with the stage 2 tune is way faster even 0-60. I do have a question. I can put it in sport press brake down with foot and throttle up (yes it’s pulling not like push in a clutch) and I can rev up to 3500 rpm. If I let off the brake at 3500rpm with traction control on it squeals a couple of tires and “hops” off the line. I assume what I’m doing is akin to brake torquing a traditional 2wd and letting off the brake during. How hard is this on the drivetrain? And transmission?
Ignorant trying to learn,
Tazard
Called brake boosting. Imagine 400+ ft lbs of torque going through a system that achieves nearly 100% traction in a fraction of a second. It's terrible.

·
Registered
2015 TDI Exec R-Line
1,040 Posts
Called brake boosting. Imagine 400+ ft lbs of torque going through a system that achieves nearly 100% traction in a fraction of a second. It's terrible.
In first gear it’s almost 2000 foot pounds of torque coming from the output shaft. Bad news all around.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts