Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Malone Stage 2 ECU tune on my 2016 Touareg Lux TDI. Do I need to retune the DSG to make use of the additional power? Also what DSG tune is recommended?

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
314 Posts
What county are you in?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
No DSG on any Touareg that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steve_L

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
314 Posts
No DSG on any Touareg that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
That is why I was asking.. in the US it's 8 speed tiptronic...

·
Registered
2013 VW Touareg TDI Sport w/tech
921 Posts
All touareg have regular automatics, first they were 6 speed , then 8 speed. No DSG transmissions, yet.

·
Registered
2011 Execuline TDI - Toffee Brown Metallic
39 Posts
We have had three VWs with DSG. It is a perfect transmission. It would be a great match with the T3 3.0 TDI

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All touareg have regular automatics, first they were 6 speed , then 8 speed. No DSG transmissions, yet.
Performance is aided by an eight-speed DSG automatic gearbox, which is incredibly quick and smooth. As a result, the Touareg is the most car-like choice on the tarmac, gripping hard and containing body roll better than either rival. ... The VW is the most efficient car on paper, and so it proved in our test.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No Touareg has ever had a DSG box.
DSG® stands for Direktschaltgetriebe in German, which translates to English as “direct-shift gearbox.” The DSG® is a type of dual-clutch automated manual transmission. It works by assigning specific alternating gears to each clutch, allowing for quick, single-motion shifting.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I know how DSG works, thank you.

The DQ200 7 speed dry clutch has been troublesome and is best avoided.

The wet clutch DSG gearboxes are generally okay providing the transmission fluid is changed on time at around 40,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first.

VW originally used a synthetic oil which could become conductive when hot and short out the mechatronics but they changed to mineral oil about 10 years ago.

There are some reports of issues with the two different 7 speed DSG boxes fitted to the Macan, A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know how DSG works, thank you.

The DQ200 7 speed dry clutch has been troublesome and is best avoided.

The wet clutch DSG gearboxes are generally okay providing the transmission fluid is changed on time at around 40,000 miles or 3 years, whichever comes first.

VW originally used a synthetic oil which could become conductive when hot and short out the mechatronics but they changed to mineral oil about 10 years ago.

There are some reports of issues with the two different 7 speed DSG boxes fitted to the Macan, A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8.
This is a 2016 with full maintenance records. So definitely would have had the newer mineral oil. I have the eight speed DSG. Malone makes a tune for the smaller DSG found in the GTI and other 2.0tdi cars. It may be that since this same DSG has been used on everything from the vr6 to the v10tdi that I’m nowhere near exceeding the preset maximum torque like was a problem when ecu tuning a 2.0tdi. I just want all I can get. I do know it needs to shift 7-8 sooner. It holds 7 to 140 mph then feels like a rocket hitting 8th. Most tcm tunes I’ve seen mentioned the earlier shifts to keep in the torque band. I just wonder if anyone has tuned both and if the tcm tune was worth another $500 after the $1500 delete and Malone stage 2 ecu tune.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
You do NOT have a DSG gearbox fitted to your 2016 Touareg 3.0Tdi.

As has now been written several times you have an 8 speed Aisin automatic gearbox and that is NOT a DSG box.

·
Registered
16 TDI Lux
314 Posts
No DSG.

Aisin 8-speed TipTronic. Not even the better ZF version in the Q5/7..

Although there is nothing wrong with the Aisin!!

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Lux TDI, 2019 Passsat R-line
786 Posts
I believe this is what you're looking for:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I believe this is what you're looking for:
Thanks!
sorry to all about the DSG or lack of.

·
Registered
235 Posts
No DSG.

Aisin 8-speed TipTronic. Not even the better ZF version in the Q5/7..

Although there is nothing wrong with the Aisin!!

Q7 has Aisin 8 spd. Only the Q5 has ZF.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts