Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friends,

2008 Touareg V-6, 3.6

I just brought this in to get the front flex pipes changes at an exhaust shop. On taking the front driveshaft out the front CV joint came apart and they had to reassemble it before re-installing it. After picking up the vehicle and driving away I noticed a bad vibration coming from the driveline and also the tranny wouldn't upshift??
I brought it back and the shop told me they called a VW dealership who told them if the CV comes apart it will go out of balance and it's costly to balance so I need to buy a new front drive shaft!!?? It was all fine before I brought it there.
?- can the CV joint be assembled wrong but go back together okay?? Or can it only go back together one way?? It may be that if it's not put back right it's binding and not out of balance.
I think they may have re-assembled it "out a turn" and put it back and it's binding.
?- Also can this vibration cause the tranny to not want to upshift and stay in 2nd or 3rd because it won't upshift either and I'm trying to figure on how this is connected to the driveline vibration.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
996 Posts
Exhaust shops should stick to exhaust. They had no business removing your driveshaft if they were incapable of reinstalling properly.

The driveshaft is balanced for rotation. If it is not balanced, it will shake and cause vibrations. I'm not sure how that could cause the tranny to not upshift though.

They need to correct this on their dime!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts