Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched all the forums pretty well and haven't found the answer I need. My drivers door wont lock and that seems like a common problem but mine differs just a bit.
It sounds like its locking, all the other doors lock too but im still able to open the drivers door. Even when I use the key it still doesn't lock.
The previous owner of my 2004 T v8 told me the dealer said the fobs had to be reprogrammed. They work intermittently but I should still be able to lock the door with the key no? Any help is as usual much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
can it be locked by following the manual. The should be rubber grommets in the sides of the doors you can access

Reactions: THYFREC

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a similar problem with my 09 V6TDI.Rear driver side door won't unlock with remote,can be unlocked from inside manually.Occasionly won't lock with remote.It makes a click sound when remote is pressed,but doesnt lock.Will get panel shop to remove door trim to look inside for any obvious fault.Likely need new mechanism hate to think of cost.

Andrew Small.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a similar problem with my 09 V6TDI.Rear driver side door won't unlock with remote,can be unlocked from inside manually.Occasionly won't lock with remote.It makes a click sound when remote is pressed,but doesnt lock.Will get panel shop to remove door trim to look inside for any obvious fault.Likely need new mechanism hate to think of cost.

Andrew Small.
Just found a thread that had a link for lock actuators. they sell aftermarket items prob from china but for 32 bucks a piece its worth a try. www.hansautoparts.com
its the labor that kills you but it seems like a job anyone that can turn a wrench can do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just ordered the lock module from Hansautoparts.com for $43 shipped.
We shall see if its worth it. Having my mechanic friend do the job. I'll post the result be it good or bad. So far a good experience from the website. They have a chat for helping order the parts. I found out through hours of cross checking the web, that VW has revised part numbers for these locks. There are 2 different part numbers from VW designated as; with keyless entry and without keyless entry. For drivers front its 3D1837015 AE and has a alternate PN of 3D1837015 D which is readily available on ebay and everywhere else for that matter. You wont find the suffix AE anywhere else but VW. Hope this info helps someone.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
should be covered in the manual from memory. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
2005 Volkswagen Touareg v6
7 Posts
I’ll have to look because I can’t get it back open. The door lock won’t work, my key won’t unlock it or anything else that I’ve tried. Hopefully it’s just a fuse or something simple.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts