Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the microswitches in the drivers door have gone. We had a pretty decent ice storm and since then it won't register the door being closed. So, i can't lock or arm the Treg.

I'm going to scan later today, as the temp are meant to get around 15C, but does anyone have the latch part number so i can source the part here in Canada?

Cheers!

·
Registered
70 Posts
3d1837015g is the part number from my driver's door (2008 ), which apparently has been superceded by 3D1837015AG.

I had the opposite problem with mine - it wouldn't register the door open. FWIW I repaired mine by wrapping a piece of narrow sheet metal around the switch. There's a cam on the latch part that pushes the nub on the microswitch, which had just been worn enough that it no longer depressed it enough.

In your case it sounds like you need a new switch, but if you Google "vw door micro switch repair" there is plenty of info - most of VW's door latches are of similar designs, just different packaging. Might be worth saving $250 on a new assembly if you don't mind tinkering with electronics.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried this same repair on the old jetta. It didn't work. With that I may still, but want to source the part too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had it replaced. Local VW dealer said there was one in their system for North America, so i had it ordered.

yeah, the alarm arms, and no more annoying door chime.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had multiple issues the drivers door switch/latch on my 07. I ordered two assemblies, one from VW and one from EBay (Chinese I think) I installed the EBay unit and it worked great. Seem to recall paying about $50.
Good luck

·
Registered
47 Posts
hansautoparts.com about 43 dollars if you need the part without keyless entry in fact im sending the one i bought back because it was the wrong one. good quality part though. and theyre very helpful. easy returns

1 - 7 of 7 Posts