Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Touareg TDI. I’d like to know if there is a way to keep the radio on during a Drive In movie? Currently we turn off ignition and start the infotainment center with the power button. But it only stays on 5 mins. Help? Thanks!

·
Learner
4,707 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
OP is not talking about VIM (Video In Motion).

I do not believe there is any way to make the radio stay on longer when the ignition is off. And I didn't think there were any drive in movies anymore!

·
Registered
746 Posts
But your parking lights are ON when in ACC, yes? This is a giant NO NO at a drive in. Others will be pissed, and rightly so.

I am also interested in how to make this happen. When I am doing work int he garage, I open the windows and press the radio power, listen to music while working, but it shuts off like the OP says. An annoyance for sure.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
But your parking lights are ON when in ACC, yes? This is a giant NO NO at a drive in. Others will be pissed, and rightly so.

I am also interested in how to make this happen. When I am doing work int he garage, I open the windows and press the radio power, listen to music while working, but it shuts off like the OP says. An annoyance for sure.
My vehicle came with a headlight switch that can be set to OFF instead of being left on AUTO.... so I can turn my lights off if that's what I want.

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Never having been to a drive-in movie, I was wondering why you'd have the radio on whilst watching a film because. old fashioned as I am, when you see a drive-in movie scene at the flix you got a loudspeaker that hooked on the car. So I presume that nowadays you tune your radio in to get the movie's soundtrack?

·
Learner
4,707 Posts
OP is not talking about VIM (Video In Motion).

I do not believe there is any way to make the radio stay on longer when the ignition is off. And I didn't think there were any drive in movies anymore!
My apologies.

In that case the answer us yes too.

Green screen menu- on off timer, dial it up as you like.
Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts
Never having been to a drive-in movie, I was wondering why you'd have the radio on whilst watching a film because. old fashioned as I am, when you see a drive-in movie scene at the flix you got a loudspeaker that hooked on the car. So I presume that nowadays you tune your radio in to get the movie's soundtrack?

Some places require you to tune in to the soundtrack via your radio, the window speaker is so yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks all! Yes it’s the Twilight in Langley (we call it Aldergrove though because we’re old school haha).

We’ve left the ignition on in the past and unfortunately it lights up the interior of the car with the dashboard lights and it bugs me (I’ve put a blanket over the lights to block). Last summer we had to get a jump because of the ignition being on for hours and hours. (Now that’s an embarrassing way to leave the movie).

I can’t figure out how to quote on here - somebody mentioned I can set the timing for the on/off - can you give details ?

·
Registered
489 Posts
I’m in maple ridge and could give you a hand. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the offer, but Maple Ridge is too far out of the way.

I’ve scoured the car manual and read through all the on-screen menus with no luck.

If anybody can give me specific instructions on how to extend the time that the infortainment center will stay on without ignition please let me know - thanks!

·
Learner
4,707 Posts
Thanks for the offer, but Maple Ridge is too far out of the way.

I’️ve scoured the car manual and read through all the on-screen menus with no luck.

If anybody can give me specific instructions on how to extend the time that the infortainment center will stay on without ignition please let me know - thanks!
As per my last post, yes, it can be done.
You can adjust the timer in the green screen menu so once the ignition is off the radio stays on longer.
Heres how to do it-
- enable green screen menu using a vcds
- enter hidden, green acreen menu by pressing down on setup and car button simultaneously
- scroll to on/off
- change the setting to your preference

This is tried and tested and works well

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
We’ve left the ignition on in the past and unfortunately it lights up the interior of the car with the dashboard lights and it bugs me (I’ve put a blanket over the lights to block). Last summer we had to get a jump because of the ignition being on for hours and hours. (Now that’s an embarrassing way to leave the movie).
Does your 2012 not warn you when the battery voltage becomes critical? I believe I've seen such warnings in my 2014 if I sit around with power consumers on for an extended time and the battery drops too much..... (or was the said blanket blocking them?)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts