Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My name is Dre and I'm new to the forum. I recently purchased a Touareg 2 V8. I was looking for a rugged winter vehicle, as I am relocating from Atlanta back to NY/NJ.

The Touareg is great so far. It is Galapagos Metallic with Teak interior. It also came with the tech and luxury packages. I was also happy to find a tow hook set up.

The first day of ownership, which was this last Saturday, i refinished the Brembo's and did an amber and rear reflector delete to clean up the look.

I have Porsche Cayenne wheels being refinished in satin black and mounting some Terra Grappler tires. This car will see a lot of off-road and snow action haha.

I'll post some pics of my progress here. I look forward to being active in the forum. I'm already learning a a lot from other threads so thanks for sharing. I was also very active on audizine, here is a couple pics of my modded S5.

Now here are some pics of the Touareg! Also, OEM 19inch wheels are for sale. Don't need them with my new set up. Tires are in excellent condition.

Here's a couple pics of the caliper process.

Oh yea! Also installed quad exhaust after deleting the rear suitcase muffler. Much better!

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with rusty wheel bearings and rotors! Looks great! I'm doing the resonator delete next week!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Can someone please weigh the old suitcase and post the outcome?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
On fleek!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Can someone please weigh the old suitcase and post the outcome?
I still have mine in a heap of junk at work. If I remember correctly it weighed 70 pounds.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
That's quite meaty!

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Nice S5 and Touareg. Does the S5 have the same 4.2 FSI V8 as the Touareg? What kind of engine mods have you done to either or both motors?

Also, where did you get the Brembo decals for your calipers?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Nice S5 and Touareg. Does the S5 have the same 4.2 FSI V8 as the Touareg? What kind of engine mods have you done to either or both motors?

They're the same engines, just tuned differently.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yup, it's the same engine. No engine mods on the Touareg. The S5 only has an APR Cabonio carbon fiber intake but the rest are cosmetic mods. Great motor. I just like the feel and sound of the V8s.

The BREMBO decals I purchased on eBay. Very simple mod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts