Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Treg (high number VIN 825XX) with Nav and had my dealer install the Phatbox in place of the OEM CD changer. Like many others I suffer the dreaded alternator whine. All parties (VWOA and PhatNoise) seem to know the problem exists however no one has a solution. I have read that some here have had the symptoms addressed. Has anyone been successful in eliminating the noise altogether?

I read in one post that PhatNoise offered a “ferrite clamp” as a solution but with mixed results. I read another post (actually in the classifieds section) where another user was selling a Phatbox with a cable supplied by PhatNoise to address the issue.

I have brought both solutions (ferrite clamp and mysterious cable) to the attention of the PhatNoise folks with no response.

Has anyone fixed this issue?

Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
134 Posts
The traditional solutions are some way to isolate power, and a ground-loop isolator for the audio. Have you tried those?

I have the ground-loop kit Radio Shack sells on my XM commander with no whine. RS also sells what looks like a really big capacitor for power isolation purposes. I think Spockcat had a post that showed both of the ones I'm talking about (too lazy to look it up).

-Will

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.