Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The DPF warning light came on recently. I kept driving and it cleared itself and since then everything seems to be as normal.

Is this an insignificant event, or perhaps an indicator of future DPF problems? Anyone had a similar experience?

The car is at about 90K kms.

· Registered
231 Posts
Just do some longer trips and it will go into its burn cycle and clean itself out at some point. I have never had the light come on but noticed occasioning it do the burn thing which makes the exhaust much hotter and both fans come on.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am aware that the long trips help - I did a 1000kms trip early in January. It should have been fairly clean after that.

No VCDS so will need to ask the dealer at the next service.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Personally I would go ASAP to a good VW independent and ask them to do it and show me the result before going anywhere near a dealer.

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happily I have not had anything go wrong so far, so no track record of work done at any Independent. The one and only VW dealer in Adelaide for all the services so far. No doubt I could approach the one recommended independent shop that I am aware of and see what they say - German Auto Repairs, Melrose Park. Can anybody recommend another shop?

· Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called in at the VW dealer service depot today. They had nobody free to do the diagnostic scan at the time and said that I would need to book.

However, they assured me that if the DPF warning light is not on, there is no problem with the DPF. The warning light coming on for a brief period has no major significance, it just shows that the DPF needs to be cleared at the time that the light is on. Continuing to drive normally will clear the DPF.

I guess that there is no pressing need to worry and I can wait until the next service to get a scan.

· Registered
20,262 Posts
Typical response from a dealer about having to book an appointment for something that will take 5 minutes to check! And wanting to charge 100+ thingummies for doing so!!

One of the reasons I go to my little man - drop in and it's not only immediate but no charge either (though I always leave beer tokens) - and it has taken me longer to type this post than it takes his 6 foot tall, 20 year old blonde with legs up to her armpits apprentice to plug me (sorry) the PC in and find and clear the fault code!!

· Registered
1,060 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen!!!

Reactions: Matthew Green
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.