Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2010 R50 with the following fault.

18434/P2002/008194 - Particle Filter Bank 1: Malfunction
Reading beyond threshold

Vehicle has 255,000 kms on the clock.

• VW want $3000 aud ea for new DPF units + a core charge.
  • Of course I removed both filters even though only 1 was faulty and sent them to Western filters in Sydney and had them cleaned @ $750 ea incl to and from express freight.
  • Turn around time was about 3 days.
  • You get of course normal billing documents but also a before and after flow check reading thru the DPF.
Now after refitting I found the fault could not be cleared.
VW documentation advises to adapt the ash mass back to 0 after DPF replacement.
I was not sure which setting was the correct adaptation channel to reset but thanks to a few nights online support from RossTech I was able to reset and fault is now gone and ash mass is set to 0 in both.

Anyone wanting info on the in the future will be able to get this information from RossTech or myself as we saved the before and after control module maps for records.

regards
Drag

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Drag, what was the pre-cleaning reading?
Werner

·
Registered
841 Posts
Ha...Ha..Ha...Ha.....and VW treats DPFs like they are supposed to be disposable items..........nice job Drag.....3K for new DPFs......HA!

·
Registered
65 Posts
It sems VW are either really smart or really stupid

Smart because their business model is all about misconception and ripping off unsuspecting ppl by telling them its sealed for life and everything is disposable when it buggers up.

Stupid because everything can be fixed/cleaned for a fraction of the price if monitored correctly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts