Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The third time now my filter has clogged. Dpf symbol comes on, then the engine warning light flashes and the bell sounds.
It is now Christmas night, I have driven for an hour on the freeway at 2000 revs and the engine fault warning light wont go off and the bell keeps sounding.
Hoped to go away over Christmas New Year break but with nothing open till Tuesday, I am at odds as to what to do.
Can anybody offer advise, please.
Bob Davey, 0432389139

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
If you can find someone near you with a VCDS you can do a forced regeneration which should
(a) clear the fault code and give you some time to investigate/confirm source
(b) will show you the soot levels you need to deal with.

TonyB

BTW, this post is in the "classified" section??

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,175 Posts
***Thread moved to appropriate area***

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bob Davey DPF Problem.

If you can find someone near you with a VCDS you can do a forced regeneration which should
(a) clear the fault code and give you some time to investigate/confirm source
(b) will show you the soot levels you need to deal with.

TonyB

BTW, this post is in the "classified" section??
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. Have you had your car long? and I see in your intro that you do not have a second car because " I can't afford one." ? I do hope that is not because you spend so much keeping your Treg on the road? Wher do you life? I'm in Boondall, Brisbane.
Kind Regards, Bob

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hi Tony, thanks for your reply. Have you had your car long? and I see in your intro that you do not have a second car because " I can't afford one." ? I do hope that is not because you spend so much keeping your Treg on the road? Wher do you life? I'm in Boondall, Brisbane.
Kind Regards, Bob
Hi Bob,

I'm a bit down the road from you, we are between Port Macquarie and Forster on the NSW Mid North Coast.

Fortunately the "can't afford" statement is not due to keeping my Treg (MRS) on the road.

I've been very fortunate with mine as in 6 years/170K kms, I've had no unexpected repair costs other than the "known" issues such as intake manifolds, centre carrier bearing, park brake and rear hatch struts, fortunately all these were replaced at no cost to me under my extended warranty cover.
My other expenses relate to "running costs", being changes of engine oils, transmission, diffs + transfer box and coolant fluids and normal replacement of wear items such as brakes and tyres, I also chose to include the serpentine belt plus tensioner and the toothed belt as maintenance items with replacement at 100K intervals.

I do a bit of remote area travel generally towing a van so I am very fastidious about maintenance as I do not want to break down somewhere many hundreds of kilometers from a repair source so try to do as much as I can to avoid that happening.

I'm very happy with my Treg, it's such a versatile vehicle, I have done a number of modifications over the years to compliment what she already did well so I hope to be able to keep her for a very long time as there is nothing out there at the currently that I want to replace her with.

It will be a sad day if I am ever forced to part with the "MRS" because of spiralling costs.

BTW, were you able to get any joy on your DPF issue yet?

TonyB

·
Registered
457 Posts
I had the "engine fault - workshop" light come on about a month ago. A scan with the equipment I have read a code in reference to the DPF.
P2002 Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1
The Treg would only do 60Kph, but if you shut down for a few minutes, it would run normally.

While it ran normally, I took it for a fast drive along the local motorway, accelerating as fast as I could from all the traffic lights along the way.

This cleared the fault.

The first thing my local independent VW mech said to me when he checked the Treg over after I bought it was to stand on it every now and then. Admittedly this is not what I have normally done when driving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts