Club Touareg Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought my 2016 Touareg TDI Lux w/ 72k miles in 2019 for $25k. Curious to see what others are going for, i went to cars.com and noticed dozens of "new" 2016 TDIs listed for 70k. I wonder who will spend that on a car that's been parked for five years. These dealers are greedy and overly optimistic if they think anyone would spend that on this car now. You can get a LR Defender for that.

View attachment 243878
I agree, I am looking at a 2016 exec with 36k for 46k, are these really worth that much? I have a 2013 tdi exec that has 50k and I am thinking about upgrading but don’t have a good handle on values. ( ps, best car I have ever owned).

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
VROOM just offered me 8k for my 2014 TDI R Line with 187k miles. So generous lol. The steel will be worth that soon!
Another guy was offered $15k for his on carvana. Check them out.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg TDI LUX
96 Posts
I bought my 2016 Touareg TDI Lux w/ 77k miles in April of 2020 for $26k using Carvana. I had to drive ~100 miles to meet the delivery truck halfway for no delivery fee. Moonlight Blue Peral Exterior with Comsilk Beige Interior makes for a beautiful Touareg. Sticker price $59,270
Owned an '05 Treg until then. The low end torgue of the diesel engine makes it fun to drive. Getting 20-25mpg city and 28 hwy.

"The Premium SUV with the Soul of a Volkswagon."

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I’d buy an X5 if I was spending 70 g’s. Get a 2022 for 64 just priced one. Absolutely a hoot to drive
Yuck. Everyone has one of those things. Now an X7, we're talking.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I guess everyone has one for a teason. I drove a 50 k palisade a real yawner to drive I wouldn’t trade my tree in for that. My brother buys em never has problems. Drive one you’ll be smitten. You can spend 50 k on an Atlas another yawner
I didn't much mind me at last, it wasn't necessarily nice to drive like the Touareg but it is a very nice and solid vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack (GFG/6MT)
56 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Great car. Seems like a reasonable price to me

Reactions: Golf Wang

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
agreed. Just a bit worried about the damage since dealer didn’t post pics of the right (passenger) side. the price is better than I’ve seen, especially for an Executive. and this being a 2017 has 5 more years of factory powertrain.

Also wish it was a 2016 TDI lol😁
ANY damage reported to insurance will be on that report, no matter how big or stupidly small. Somewhat a gamble in my opinion

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Thinking about grabbing it?? Hell of a car...

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack (GFG/6MT)
56 Posts
37k is a high price.
For a 26K-mile, Executive-trim, final-year T4 Touareg in otherwise showroom condition complete with full carfax maintenance history and 5+ more years of factory powertrain warranty???

sure, I could pay in the 20’s if I wanted a 100K+ mile T3 with no warranty and less confidence in the repair history. But I want a car that will last me 10+ years from the day I buy it, and having a warranty for the former half of those 10 years is quite the value proposition

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
For a 26K-mile, Executive-trim, final-year T4 Touareg in otherwise showroom condition complete with full carfax maintenance history and 5+ more years of factory powertrain warranty???

sure, I could pay in the 20’s if I wanted a 100K+ mile T3 with no warranty and less confidence in the repair history. But I want a car that will last me 10+ years from the day I buy it, and having a warranty for the former half of those 10 years is quite the value proposition
It is nice to have a warranty. However, for 37k you can get something much nicer. A "final year" that really only is a "Final year" in the U.S.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts