Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yea that is insane. I would think something closer to $45-$50k maybe. But even then, sure you get a good warranty, but the technology inside the car is very dated by now.

The used market is nuts though, and the supply of Touaregs just continues to drop. I purchased my 2016 VR6 LUX in December 2018, and I could likely sell it for just 2-3k less (with 30k miles more) than what I paid for it given what I see on the market.

Spending $60k on a "new" TDI is something I would do if I won a few million in the lotto.

·
Registered
2016 VW Touareg V6 TDI Executive, Dark Flint Metallic/Anthracite
13 Posts
I JUST bought a 2016 TDI Lux with 59K on the clock for $31,500. I was looking EVERY night and by the time I called/emailed/DM'd/Etc the dealer/seller the next morning the car was either being test drove or sold. These are cars were in CA, OR, CO and MN. I looked pretty much everywhere west of the Mississippi. Ended up finding one EXACTLY optioned out how I wanted in Iowa that didn't seem to sell quick. The dealer was awesome to deal with and I had my buddy at AoA get all the info on it. Maybe it was because it was in a small town and not easy to access people passed on it? But I flew to Des Moines, rented a car and drove it 1.25hrs to the dealer and picked it up. Then drove just east of Des Moines and picked up some 17" Touareg wheels a guy had for $200 in excellent condition for my winter/offroad wheels. Drove to Omaha, stayed the night then drove home to Denver the next day. Boring drive but it was SOOOOOO nice having a comfy and quiet SUV to drive. I LOVE it. I averaged 24mpg at an average of 75mph. A LOT better than the 8-9mpg my 2006 4Runner V8 with lift, 34's, steel skids, bumpers, sliders, drawer system, etc gets. And talk about a hot market right now....4th Gen V8 4Runners!! Selling mine with 255k for around 31K shortly. But it is a full Overland build and will be turnkey off the grid ready.

Edit: And I must add, yes there are Touaregs out there. But what I was looking for was anything under 75K mi from a reputable source. Not ones from shady dealers or anything like that. And didn't want black or brown. Wanted white or gray so don't want to misconstrue information. Sorry!!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Considering you can buy a CPO XC90 with a 10 year million mile warranty for under 50k you have to really really really want a TDi to pay any more than 40k for one.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,207 Posts
Considering you can buy a CPO XC90 with a 10 year million mile warranty for under 50k you have to really really really want a TDi to pay any more than 40k for one.
I mean you have to really want a Touareg to begin with to buy any of them...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts