Club Touareg Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yea that is insane. I would think something closer to $45-$50k maybe. But even then, sure you get a good warranty, but the technology inside the car is very dated by now.

The used market is nuts though, and the supply of Touaregs just continues to drop. I purchased my 2016 VR6 LUX in December 2018, and I could likely sell it for just 2-3k less (with 30k miles more) than what I paid for it given what I see on the market.

Spending $60k on a "new" TDI is something I would do if I won a few million in the lotto.

·
Registered
2016 VW Touareg V6 TDI Executive, Dark Flint Metallic/Anthracite
24 Posts
I JUST bought a 2016 TDI Lux with 59K on the clock for $31,500. I was looking EVERY night and by the time I called/emailed/DM'd/Etc the dealer/seller the next morning the car was either being test drove or sold. These are cars were in CA, OR, CO and MN. I looked pretty much everywhere west of the Mississippi. Ended up finding one EXACTLY optioned out how I wanted in Iowa that didn't seem to sell quick. The dealer was awesome to deal with and I had my buddy at AoA get all the info on it. Maybe it was because it was in a small town and not easy to access people passed on it? But I flew to Des Moines, rented a car and drove it 1.25hrs to the dealer and picked it up. Then drove just east of Des Moines and picked up some 17" Touareg wheels a guy had for $200 in excellent condition for my winter/offroad wheels. Drove to Omaha, stayed the night then drove home to Denver the next day. Boring drive but it was SOOOOOO nice having a comfy and quiet SUV to drive. I LOVE it. I averaged 24mpg at an average of 75mph. A LOT better than the 8-9mpg my 2006 4Runner V8 with lift, 34's, steel skids, bumpers, sliders, drawer system, etc gets. And talk about a hot market right now....4th Gen V8 4Runners!! Selling mine with 255k for around 31K shortly. But it is a full Overland build and will be turnkey off the grid ready.

Edit: And I must add, yes there are Touaregs out there. But what I was looking for was anything under 75K mi from a reputable source. Not ones from shady dealers or anything like that. And didn't want black or brown. Wanted white or gray so don't want to misconstrue information. Sorry!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Considering you can buy a CPO XC90 with a 10 year million mile warranty for under 50k you have to really really really want a TDi to pay any more than 40k for one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I realize this thread is from 6 months ago. These are still all over the internet for sale, none have sold (duh) and now I'm looking for a 2016 Touareg TDI With Drivers Assistant package. (We own 9 TDI's, 3 of them are Touaregs, 1 is an 06 V10 with rear locker) Our 2013 Touareg is approaching 300,000 HARD 8000LB Trailer towing miles.

SO, anyway, Many of these Volkswagen dealerships are CRAZY! I mean REALLY CRAZY!

Another one in San Diego for $62.900
2016 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI Executive San Diego CA 44360521 (missionbayvolkswagen.com)

Top of the line Executive with every option available for North America. This one is NOT even new old stock, it's one owner with only 4300 miles.

KBB value is listed RIGHT ON THEIR AD PAGE: $39,582 - $44.589 DUH!

That Orange/brown Interior is fugly, does not match that blue, I would rather it had Beige Interior.

*11/23/21 UPDATE: I have now seen this Touareg in person, and that interior is NOT UGLY as it looks in the pictures, after seeing it in person, I like it a lot. It looked like baby **** orange in the pictures, but in real life it's like dark brown, actually really nice looking. However, they are still in denial with their ridiculous price, NOBODY is EVER going to buy that Touareg for $59,000. I've been buying and looking for months, the only Touareg TDI's actually selling are those priced in the middle range of KBB Private Party Range. NONE have sold for MORE than high end Private Party KBB.

Several Volkswagen Dealerships (But not all) seem to be in kahoots, their prices are as much as $10,000 or more OVER HIGH Kelly Blue Book Actual values. NOBODY is buying them at their inflated prices, and even if priced reasonably, they are NOT selling that quickly, it's just car dealers trying to pull the wool over on everyone because the Touareg has been discontinued and TDI's especially are NO MORE because of Dieselgate.

I seriously offered $46,000 and they shrugged me off like I was a joke! Told me it was Dealer discounted to $59,900.

As I said, SERIOUSLY CRAZY. Living in denial.

These will never sell at all, and now we are at the end of 2021. 2022 this will be 6 model years old! As was stated before, anyone who would be stupid enough to actually buy it at that inflated price will loose $25,000 to $30,000 in depreciation the instant they drove it off the lot it would become a USED Touareg, and YOU would be the 2nd Owner, not the 1st owner on this one!

Last month my Nephew flew to Phoenix and picked up a LOADED NICE Condition AUDI Q7 Prestige S-Line with Adaptive Cruise Control 79,000 Miles and Factory Air Suspension for $28,500 and KBB Private Party Range said it's value was $21,547 - $25,200 It had been listed for sale at $29,995 for more than 3 months with no sale, so we paid too much! We ALMOST Passed on it until we accidentally learned it had Air Suspension! Couldn't hardly believe it! Finding a Q7 TDI with Factory Air Suspension is RARE. Monroney Window sticker on this Q7 was over $75,000 back in 2013.

The only way I would pay their inflated price is if it were from Germany with LOW RANGE, AIR SUSPENSION, AND a REAR LOCKER. (OH, and Cornsilk Beige Interior, not Orange BabyShit Brown.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I realize this thread is from 6 months ago. These are still all over the internet for sale, none have sold (duh) and now I'm looking for a 2016 Touareg TDI With Drivers Assistant package. (We own 9 TDI's, 3 of them are Touaregs, 1 is an 06 V10 with rear locker) Our 2013 Touareg is approaching 300,000 HARD 8000LB Trailer towing miles.

SO, anyway, Many of these Volkswagen dealerships are CRAZY! I mean REALLY CRAZY!

Another one in San Diego for $62.900
2016 Volkswagen Touareg V6 TDI Executive San Diego CA 44360521 (missionbayvolkswagen.com)

Top of the line Executive with every option available for North America. This one is NOT even new old stock, it's one owner with only 4300 miles.

KBB value is listed RIGHT ON THEIR AD PAGE: $39,582 - $44.589 DUH!

That Orange/brown Interior is fugly, does not match that blue, I would rather it had Beige Interior.
I got my 2016 Lux TDI with 20,413 miles (1 owner) in August 2019 for $35,000. I would have killed for the blue, mine is canyon grey metallic and looks pretty cool. I wanted one but there were no blue ones when I was looking.

At that time I thought prices were fair- there were some brand new for $60,000 plus but most like mine (used, under 30k miles) were in the $40-50k range. Mine was a steal, it had interior cosmetic issues because the PO left their psycho Pomeranian locked up in the car a few too many times. Luckily the dog didn't care for chewing leather so the seats and steering wheel were all ok but door pillars and panels were fair game. I don't even notice it now, the dealership did a fair job on repairing it.

The dealers are hoping that the diesels will bring top dollar just due to the "last year imported" factor. I think it's short-sighted, but they do what they do.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I’m about to plunk $40k for a 2016 Exec with 40k… I’ve been looking for a few weeks, and this is a decent deal. Wife wants me to get a Lexus GX460 for about the same money.
but the Treg is just calling to me…

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like the Q7’s but they say their towing capacity is 5000 lbs. obviously the treg is 7000. A Lexus GX460 is 6600, but 18-23 mpg. Sh what’s the point for that?
my boats around 4000lbs, and I don’t want to push the limit with the q7.

·
Registered
09 TDi
841 Posts
This entire thread is making me feel very good about buying a 1-owner '14 blue TDI Exec with 84k miles that the dealer was asking $22k for. Thanks!
you better feel good about that one...especially in blue :)

Reactions: Watch Carefully

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow I just picked up my 14 sport TDI for 16k. Has just under 100k on it. Recal still done about 70k so still have quite a while on warranty. Would love one of the top of the line 2016's. Not a chance I am paying that for one. It is the grey & damn does this sucker tow. Coming from a 2014 ram 1500 crew cab Eco Diesel. About the same tow rating but I'd be lucky to get 14mpg towing 5000lbs. I could feel it back there always. Towed the same 6x12 vnose trailer with the Touareg. Acceleration was so much better than my truck & I hardly noticed it back there. Mileage still dropped to about 18mpg from the 29 I was averaging before it. So still a really noticable drop but so much better in every aspect. Only think I would like better is the radio being updated for Android or apple car play.

·
Registered
Current Vehicle #1 - 2012 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CATA Current Vehicle #2 - 2014 Audi Q7 3.0L TDI CNRB
287 Posts
Oh snap, I just read up and found the q7 will tow 7000 with the TDI…
jeeeeez, now a whole new car to learn about
Q7 4L tows 6600lbs with the factory tow package or 5500 lbs without the factory tow package......motor is irrelevant.

The newer Q7 4M is rated for 7700 lbs....

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow I just picked up my 14 sport TDI for 16k. Has just under 100k on it. Recal still done about 70k so still have quite a while on warranty. Would love one of the top of the line 2016's. Not a chance I am paying that for one. It is the grey & damn does this sucker tow. Coming from a 2014 ram 1500 crew cab Eco Diesel. About the same tow rating but I'd be lucky to get 14mpg towing 5000lbs. I could feel it back there always. Towed the same 6x12 vnose trailer with the Touareg. Acceleration was so much better than my truck & I hardly noticed it back there. Mileage still dropped to about 18mpg from the 29 I was averaging before it. So still a really noticable drop but so much better in every aspect. Only think I would like better is the radio being updated for Android or apple car play.
I’m paying $31k for a 2014 Exec TDI with 64k miles, but “fix” just happened, and I’ll be the first retail sale, so my emissions warrantee will start out with the full four years. Probably would have done better 2 years ago, but it is what it is right now, and I’m just so tired of my 12 mpg from my sequoia, with gas prices going berserk, for whatever reason…
can’t wait to tow my boat!

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack (GFG/6MT)
49 Posts
I’m paying $31k for a 2014 Exec TDI with 64k miles, but “fix” just happened, and I’ll be the first retail sale, so my emissions warrantee will start out with the full four years. Probably would have done better 2 years ago, but it is what it is right now, and I’m just so tired of my 12 mpg from my sequoia, with gas prices going berserk, for whatever reason…
can’t wait to tow my boat!
thats an excellent pick in this market. Where from? Links?

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Oh snap, I just read up and found the q7 will tow 7000 with the TDI…
jeeeeez, now a whole new car to learn about
If you think that's a treat, wait until you hear about the cayenne, Bentayga and Uros 🤯

·
Registered
60 Posts
This entire thread is making me feel very good about buying a 1-owner '14 blue TDI Exec with 84k miles that the dealer was asking $22k for. thanks!
Go look at it and if nothing major is wrong, get it off the lot ASAP. Great deal. And nice color. Wish I had something better than boring ass silver.

·
Registered
2014 Touareg TDI
47 Posts
Go look at it and if nothing major is wrong, get it off the lot ASAP. Great deal. And nice color. Wish I had something better than boring ass silver.
Oh, I did!
Bought in August, and I'm very pleased not to have a silver/grey/black one, as I've had SO MANY silver German cars since the 1990s.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
2019 Alltrack (GFG/6MT)
49 Posts
Oh, I did!
Bought in August, and I'm very pleased not to have a silver/grey/black one, as I've had SO MANY silver German cars since the 1990s.

View attachment 247570
your Treg is downright beautiful - and that price is absolutely killer. I saw a 2014 Exec TDI in the same blue on my way home from VA a few weeks ago, owner and I were filling up at a Sheetz. He actually complimented me on my (gf’s) TDI Wagon first - which naturally unleashed the flood gates and we didn’t pull away from our pumps for another 10 minutes, me talking about how bad I want a Treg TDI.

I do prefer the styling of the T3 but also want a CPO T4 TDI w/ ~100K in remaining warranty.

Naturally I want Saddle Brown interior on a T3, Terracotta on a T4. I’d be pretty happy with a white car since color options are pretty eh on the Touareg. Also like the blue the T4 was offered with. Both would go well with the new Neuspeed off-road wheels

Attachments

21 - 40 of 68 Posts