Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my 2016 Touareg TDI Lux w/ 72k miles in 2019 for $25k. Curious to see what others are going for, i went to cars.com and noticed dozens of "new" 2016 TDIs listed for 70k. I wonder who will spend that on a car that's been parked for five years. These dealers are greedy and overly optimistic if they think anyone would spend that on this car now. You can get a LR Defender for that.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Basically they have five year-old new stock and are asking exactly what they would have in 2016. Yeah, no. I'd offer forty or forty five thousand. There are all sorts of new old stock SUV's from various makes sitting in dealer lots all across the country. It's a buyers market.

If you paid the $70k asking price or close it to you'd lose nearly half just driving off the lot as it's still considered a five year old used vehicle. Doubt banks would even finance it unless you put a huge down payment on it.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Lux TDI, 2019 Passsat R-line
779 Posts
Sticker on my '16 TDI Lux was $59,270, which includes destination and the usual options.
At any rate, just because they're asking doesn't mean they'll get it. 50K may get one, I doubt $45K would.

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,177 Posts
The dean Team more like the dream team.
The market for cars is honestly insane right now ( Besides project cars). I wouldn't say we're 70k for a 2016 insane but I could see someone spending 50-60k for one.

·
Registered
09 TDi
455 Posts
The dealer who sold me my 09 in October said VW just release 193 fixed 7Ls via auction. He bought 3 for which he paid $2500 more than he sold me mine for. The good news is that since they haven't been sold retail since fixed the warranty clock will start when he sells them...so yes the car market across the board is tight

·
Registered
04 V8 T1
1,177 Posts
The dealer who sold me my 09 in October said VW just release 193 fixed 7Ls via auction. He bought 3 for which he paid $2500 more than he sold me mine for. The good news is that since they haven't been sold retail since fixed the warranty clock will start when he sells them...so yes the car market across the board is tight
In the past 2 days I saw a 2004 Volvo S80 2.5t with 229k on, 3 fender benders on the carfax asking 5k from a dealer and a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero with 68k on it with an asking price of 7k.

·
Registered
237 Posts
We had a discussion on here a few weeks ago about these cars, they don't seem to be selling, shocker.

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
They are selling these 2016s as “new” and full warranty. VW Dealer where my 07 V8 FSI is serviced just got one. Selling price is good considering full warranty. But out of my price range.

·
Registered
09 TDi
455 Posts
In the past 2 days I saw a 2004 Volvo S80 2.5t with 229k on, 3 fender benders on the carfax asking 5k from a dealer and a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero with 68k on it with an asking price of 7k.
how did you keep yourself from buying the Alero 🥸

Reactions: modstyle

·
Registered
237 Posts
70k is a lousy price for for a 6 year old vehicle that had a $58k sticker back then. Not to mention the tech is over 10 years old at this point. The dealer didn't have to pay anything for that extended warranty. Anyone that pays that kinda money is proof there is a sucker born every second.

Reactions: MMMZON

·
Registered
14 Posts
70k is way too high. Even with full warranty, components are 5 years old. Unless they have 4xmotion and air suspension? Then maybe, but still...I’m content with my used 2016 that I paid half for compared to new.

·
Registered
237 Posts
There is no 4x and air in the US.

·
Registered
49 Posts
They are selling these 2016s as “new” and full warranty. VW Dealer where my 07 V8 FSI is serviced just got one. Selling price is good considering full warranty. But out of my price range.

ABSOLUTELY NOT. That's a horrible price. Like, seriously horrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a white 2016 Touareg Executive TDI with the terracotta brown interior with 9k miles. Ceramic coated the paint when new and tinted the front two side windows with the Llumar matching green tint. It honestly still has a new car smell. Bought it for my collection, but have decided I don't need it, and I'm probably going to sell it. The dealer that sold it to me has tried and tried to buy it back from me and is offering me about the same as I paid. Enough about my car. I personally think the $70k price Dean Team is asking is too high, but the market for new or low mile TDI's is very high due to three reasons: 1) TDI Touaregs are no longer available for purchase (and their is an almost cult like following for these vehicles), 2) many people who used to live and work in the city and didn't own a car can now work from anywhere (work from home) including working/living in remote areas increasing demand and 3), the chip shortage is tightening inventory with concerns inventory levels will drop further. I'm certainly no expert, but I'm fairly confident in this current market that I can sell my vehicle for as much or more than I paid for it. I just sold my loaded '04 Touareg V8, with 180k miles on it, for nearly $9k. Double what it was worth a year ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I picked up my 2016 Lux TDI with 20,400 miles in Aug. 2019 for $35,000. Came with 15 months left on the factory warranty, my CPO warranty expires Nov. 2022.

Judging by what I see on Autotrader and Cars.com I could sell it today with 43,000 miles and make money on the deal.

But I like it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone looked into buying a lightly used truck lately? Talk about sticker shock! Well I’ve got a white on black 2015 TDi Exec with 88k that I’m looking to sell for much less than $70,000! 21” Mallorys!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts