Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 VW Touareg has a problem where the rear passenger side door doesn’t lock (either by remote fob button or turning the key in the driver’s door lock). Although there’s a mechanical click noise it remains unlocked and triggers the car alarm when you open it, the door shows as open on the dashboard MFD screen and the child lock still works as it should.

I’ve removed the door panel to investigate and all electrical connections are in place and the Bowden cable is located correctly. I squirted WD40 in the moving parts of the door lock but this mechanism seemed free-moving anyway.

Can anybody please help, I’ve read that people have purchased entirely new door locks but the problem has remained, so I’m hoping there’s a simpler way of solving this by somehow resetting the door locking feature. Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Three guys are involved there: door control module, door lock and of course the convenience module. You’re lucky it is stuck open. I guess it might be the door lock. These can be had used cheap on ebay or new on amazon. The same part is used in a wide range of vw cars. Now if you want you can get the lock out and inspect it. There are lots of videos on youtube of how this lock works. I bought a second hand one for 10€ to learn about the mechanism and add a failsafe cable to force the door open as on mine it stuck closed for a few days and then it just opened by magic ! I’ll add some links later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks for the quick response, lots of good information there. On the strength of that, I'm leaning to the problem being within the Door Module. For time-saving I'm planning on replacing it rather than repairing it but my local dealer is charging almost £200 for one, so second-hand makes more sense and they go for about £20 on Ebay. However, for some reason I can't find a rear-left one anywhere (part number 3D4839015K). Maybe they are the ones that always fail? If anyone sees one for sale (preferably in the UK) please reply to this post. Cheers, guys.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Where did you get that part number? I know this part is used on several models but the treg parts generally start with 7L.
Is your model a 7LA or 7L6?

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
So part number with kessy is 7L0839015F (left = passenger side for rhd) and without kessy is 7L0839015D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That part number came from the dealer, thanks for the other numbers. As mine doesn't have kessy I presume I need 7L0839015D.

I don't know if mine is a 7LA or 7L6. If it helps, I checked the Registration Document and it's a... deep breath in... November 2007 Touareg SE TDI V6 225 A 2967cc 165kw

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Part number is the same for both 7LA and 7L6 models. So you’re good to go with the number I gave you. No difference between RHD and LHD. There are plenty on eBay.de or uk. Just try to check the details of the donor vehicle to get a recent model. The part number is compatible up to 2010 models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's great, thanks for the info, I've found this one off a Skoda...

... but when I use the seller's Compatability check it says it definitely won't fit my vehicle despite it being the same number.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
That’s just ebay compatibility check not vw catalog :) To be on the safe side get one off of Touareg.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Hi, all the cheap door locks are 7 Pin the 3D4839015K is a 9 pin variant with an electrical child lock.
I am chasing one as mine has failed again. I have tested the micro switches across the circuit board, applied voltage to the motors--all seem fine, even operated it in my hand to simulate being in the car, the mechanism just doesn't seem to move far enough by a gnats whisker.

Attachments

·
Registered
volkswagen touareg 2008 v6 3l diesel
7 Posts
did u find the new actuator.. I'm looking 4 the same 3d4839015k .. can't seem to find it anywhere

·
Registered
692 Posts
Nope, no joy I'm going to try and fix mine.

Reactions: mace

·
Registered
volkswagen touareg 2008 v6 3l diesel
7 Posts
I found 1 but at over $400 I will wait and try find a cheaper 1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts