Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a t3 by pulling on the door handle on the passenger side, the handle is removed from its housing and the keyless connection wire and falls inside the door ... Unable to retrieve it through the hole of the handle, do you have a solution? How to remove all trim to access lost cables. Thank you

·
Banned
R5 (2008)
1,159 Posts
You most likely have to remove not only the inner door trim, but also the inner door subframe, because there really aren't holes on it big enough to do much behind it. The subframe is riveted onto the door frame, so, you have to drill those down and then replace them afterwards.

Anyway, because disassembly of the door is not evident and because it's a delicate part, I suggest you download the official workshop repair manuals from erwin.vw.com for a few bucks, and use those to figure out how to go about the repair.

Before taking the door apart you might also try to retrieve the cables using a claw gripper tool like this:

but I'm not positive that even if you can do that, you'll be able to also reassemble and fasten the handle from the outside in a way that would prevent this accident from happening again and allow the handle to work properly.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You most likely have to remove not only the inner door trim, but also the inner door subframe, because there really aren't holes on it big enough to do much behind it. The subframe is bolted onto the door frame, so, you have to drill those down and then replace them afterwards.

Anyway, because disassembly of the door is not evident and because it's a delicate part, I suggest you download the official workshop repair manuals from erwin.vw.com for a few bucks, and use those to figure out how to go about the repair.

Before taking the door apart you might also try to retrieve the cables using a claw gripper tool like this:

Thanks for the info but unfortunately I can't recover the cables through the small hole ... I will have to remove them from the inside, hoping that I will have some access to put the cables back in place

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am currently in turkey ... And don't want to touch anyone ... But unfortunately I no longer have the keyless access option a habit I had to unlock the vehicle

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for everything, business solved we have dismantled the inside of the door trim with the glass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts