Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have a '09 Treg, the leather which is right above the stitches(where the door handle is) is coming off on all 4 doors. It doesn't look horrible as it's only coming of in that area. It looks like it's been puffed. Have any of you had this issue and what is the best solution? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Pictures really would help...having a hard time seeing this in my head.

Often an upholstery shop will know someone skilled in leather repair. My 2008 had a headrest that was chewed on by a dog when I purchased it, the leather repair guy did a fantastic job and you would really have to look close to see which headrest it even was now.

Dealer would also be able to refer you to who they use...they should be using the best...so I would start here.

Get a few references and call out the best guy. Typically they are mobile and the repair only takes an hour or so. Not expensive either.

You should post before and after pictures if you do this for the benefit of others. I thought this was a bit shady the first time I heard of it, but have had multiple leather cars repaired since, all with good results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts