Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,,,2008 v6 tdi,,,,when car is locked and I re open with remote,all doors unlock except rear drivers side door ,RHD,I can open with inside handle with 2 pulls,,,any suggestions on what is problem and how to fix,,,thanks john

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry for my English but I am not native.

I don't know if it helps but I had/have exactly the same problem, the exact same car, and is clearly the electric lock. It started in last winter when the temperature began to drop and I used the remote in the morning sometimes it unlocked but most of the times did not. I used some WD40 on the handle, the door lock, the hinges, door brake, etc. Since then I guess it happened just once this year, will see how it goes from now on cause we have already 5 centigrade.

Was also thinking that it might be related with the central lock somehow, like it could go in a fault state when you lock the car by remote and then slam the door shut.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ostrici,,I sprayed it with RP7 (same as wd40) where ever I found a hole around locking machinism,,and all of sudden it started to open again,,I don't know why,,,but now now it unlocks with the other doors,,thanks a lot,,cheers John

·
Registered
46 Posts
Newsflash, now that the temperatures are constant below freezing here, the door lock started acting strange again. Most of the time doesn't unlock by remote and I have to use the inside handle...then it works fine. I guess I have to replace the lock after all.

·
Registered
677 Posts
my Passenger side front door does the same thing, SHMBO is not happy. was thinking of pulling door apart over my holidays.
Would appreciate if somebody could define the problem?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Currently having the same issue with rh rear door. Did scan and it comes up with an implausable signal central locking module , rear right (F233). Will follow p but most likely needs a new door handle (under extended warranty in theory). John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My RHR door is still unlocking ok,,but it is summer here in Australia,,it is happening in the remote unlocking of the doors,something is making the unlocking lazy and not working,,but oil fixes problem,,I have never had my door skins off so I don't know,,but if mine starts the problem again I will try the WD40 method again,,cheers John

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Type into google search,,,,Touareg door lock mechanism,,,,their is a few videos that might explain the problem

·
Registered
677 Posts
thanks Shadey, most of the vids seem to concentrate on the micro switch and circuit board connections.
to fix faults to the electrical systems of the car.

one vid:-
shows a mechanical issue with the lever connected to the door handle,
Is this the issue where the door unlocks but it takes 2 grabs of the handle for it to open?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1st pull unlocks(microchip not working or jamming)2nd pull opens,,,that's from the inside handle,,when not unlocking

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Mine has ALWAYS done the 2-pull thing. My interpretation of what is going on:
First pull - the switch tells the car an attempt is being made to open it and the Kessy pings the key fob to detect/confirm key is present and unlocks door if key present. Door handle must be released to engage locking mechanism so door will open.
Second pull then opens door.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The first pull, second pull thing is only from the inside and is adjustable via the MFD convenience setting by memory. From the outside it should just be the proximity sensor near the door that triggers the Kessy system to unlock the doors and the pull on the outside handle to actually open it. John

·
Registered
677 Posts
The first pull, second pull thing is only from the inside and is adjustable via the MFD convenience setting by memory. From the outside it should just be the proximity sensor near the door that triggers the Kessy system to unlock the doors and the pull on the outside handle to actually open it. John
interesting, this is on the outside LHS front door.
it does not matter if the kessy has already unlocked the car,
or if I use fob to unlock or grab handle I hear the locks disengage,
but regardless the LHS outside handle takes 2 pulls to open the door.
all other doors work fine.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm unaware of any MFD convenience setting for this on my 2004. I don't understand a second pull from the inside and what that means. Are you sure this statement applies to our 2004 models?
Also, ALL my doors do the second pull thing.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Not sure about 04, mine is 08. The doors lock at 10 kph or so and to open a door from the inside after driving over that speed requires 1 pull on the insdie handle to unlock and a second pull to open. If the doors didn't lock (say not moving) then only 1 pull is needed to open the door. The option to change is to stop the doors locking when under way meaning that only 1 pull is required from the inside.
Outside handle if using the Kessy has a proximity sensor (variable sensitivity) that unlocks the doors when your hand is next to the handle and then 1 pull to open. If using the fob to unlock then only 1 pull needed to open the door.
Mine has started to not unlock the rh rear door at all. When the car is unlocked and if you try to open that door, the system seems to unlock and relock that 1 door immediately when your hand comes near the handle. You can tug till the cows come home and it doesn't open. Fine from the inside.
John

·
Registered
677 Posts
sounds like a different situation unless one of my doors is trying evolve into a later model?
my 04 does not have self locking doors that I know of?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
If your car doesn't have little rubber "buttons" near where your thumb would normally hit the handle (all four doors) then you do not have keyless entry.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts