Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago I cleaned my car, just vacuumed the inside and got a car wash. Afterwards I noticed my car wouldn’t lock or unlock, only manually, and even then, some doors still stay open. Then I realized my back windows wouldn’t roll down, and the back trunk door wouldn’t unlock. I tried the key and the switch on my door. Lastly I was about to fill up on gas when the flap wouldn’t pop open.
I replaced the battery in my keys but that did nothing.
I also noticed that when I’m driving, the red lights on the doors would keep blinking as if The car is parked and locked.
this all happened at once, andI’m still trying to figure out if the car wash maybe let some water get in somewhere.
Would anyone have an idea what might be the issue? Is there a specific wire or fuse that connects all of these things?

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Might be water in the Convenience Module. Located in the trunk on the right side above the wheel. You will have to remove some trim to get to it. Will get you some info later. You can get a 50$ used one on ebay to test and rule out this item if it is not the culprit. Cheaper than a diagnosis session at the dealer. You need to scan the treg though and upload the log here. Might be an other issue than what i’m talking about. On mine the full scan did’t report any issues with ccm. But putting a used one in solved my dead brake lights issue and my third stop light issue.
What model do you have?
You might be suffering from the blocked drains issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
A water leak situation here

If you decide to give the ccm a go I can assist in choosing the part number. It was a direct swap on mine. No programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts