Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problems I've been having with my Touareg (including the continuing alignment problems) have been minor compared to the horrific service from the dealership in Glendale, CA. Not only did Finance try and screw me to make up for the low price we negotiated, but Service has been the WORST. I was even left stranded for over 2 hours waiting to be picked up from work, as they don't seem to have any loaners. It wasn't until my 4th visit that I got a rental after demanding it. The clincher was when I went to pick it up after being there almost a week and it was completely dirty. The service manager stood there next to my vehicle telling me they washed it. Just lied to my face. I can go on, but won't. Just please don't go near the place and warn any potential VW customers to stay away!!! :censored:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles jsalandi...Hopefully you have another dealership in your area that you can deal with. At the very least, I would suggest a letter or phonecall to VWOA.

Speaking of VWOA, I wish there were a way to get their attention using this website (like somehow copy them on every negative post/thread or something...wishful thinking, I know...). I wonder if they, or anyone affiliated with them, ever come on here and read this stuff? If they did, they'd surely learn a lot about what their "valued" customers really think about the sad state of some of the dealerships out there...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've tried going to another dealer. All alignments are sent back to New Century as they are the only ones in the area with the appropriate software to align tregs. crazy. VWOA has been contacted and has a pretty thick file on me by now. All they can say is that "The Dealerships are independently owned". But in the next breath I get "We support and stand behind our dealers and their service departments". It seems to be the most screwed up companies I've ever come across. If they were worth anything they would most certainly have someone searching the web for this kind of site and use it to improve things with their customers/cars. Something tells me they do all they can to avoid it.
Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
93 Posts
vw dealers are a sad issue. the level of service is horrific. I don't recommend the touareg to people who ask me about it because of the service. I came to a conclusion that even though the Touareg is one the best vehicles I ever owned (I buy a new car every 1-2 years), VW sales will never see another cent from me.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
ilan said:
vw dealers are a sad issue. the level of service is horrific. I don't recommend the touareg to people who ask me about it because of the service. I came to a conclusion that even though the Touareg is one the best vehicles I ever owned (I buy a new car every 1-2 years), VW sales will never see another cent from me.
Quite a blanket statement, isn't it? Have you tried every VW dealer in the USA? Or is this just the one or two that you have used out of 600+ dealers?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dealership problems

It's interesting to hear you talk about them attempting to change the price on you. I had the exact same thing happen to me at a dealership in Kansas City (Northtowne). I negotiated a price, paid a deposit, ordered it and when it came in 3 months later, they decided that they needed to ask for an extra 2-grand!

It wasn't the money that mattered as much as the principle...that's not the way you do business. I'm just happy to see that they still have it on their lot over 3 months later, serves them right!!

I thought maybe this was an isolated incident...maybe not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.