Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I began a thorough detailing on my 2013 Lux. A day of 72 degrees in January afforded this. One area of detailing that I feel is often overlooked are the various seals. When I was younger, I would just use Armor All or similar product, but in recent years I found Zymöl's Soft Seal Conditioner. I will provide photos of the panoramic sunroof seal on my former 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI when I took ownership (in 2015) of it and after I cleaned & conditioned it with Zymöl. It looked to me as if the previous owner had never cleaned or conditioned it. Yesterday, I used the conditioner on my rear hatch seal, door seals and panoramic sunroof seal. After using the Zymöl conditioner, the seals look and feel fresh and new.

Attachments

·
Registered
811 Posts
Looks great! Collinite also has products that are fabulous for seals, restoring them to their deep black beauty and cleaning them of filth.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
632 Posts
I use 303 Protectant. Made for the aerospace industry and a lot cheaper than $36 for an 8.5 oz. bottle. All my seals look new and are plenty pliable. My rear hatch one has a small tear at the bottom which was there when I bought my Treg 2nd hand, but I have a new seal I will install when I stop being lazy about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts